Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Panasonic DMC-LX7  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Arni99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
New Panasonic DMC-LX7
« on: August 27, 2012, 09:40:33 AM »
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMC-LX7K

F1.4-2.3 aperture

1/1,7" CMOS sensor and 3:32min Video recording time with 1 battery according to a German magazine which tested this camera.

Looks promising....not available yet...to be released in the next weeks.
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline Ender

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: New Panasonic DMC-LX7
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:05:34 AM »
I believe it's been available for several weeks now.  First available on Amazon on July 17th:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-LX7K-Digital-Intelligent-3-0-inch/dp/B008MB719C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346126540&sr=8-1&keywords=DMC-LX7

Here's a decent discussion of it versus the Sony DSC-RX100:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1009&message=42336918

adrianf74

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 02:56:33 PM »
Interesting that nobody's really talking about this camera.  I just picked one up last month to replace an aging Canon G11.  Haven't had a chance to use it for any shows, yet, but I'm pretty impressed by what it can do (both via the manual and the little playing I've done).

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:06:36 PM »
nice nice looking camera, another one I don't have. It's nice to see there's still a dial to change modes and things are not hidden in menus or all touch screen. I like that my LX3, but this one has some nice things to add like 1080p video in mp4 as the container with stereo. I believe the LX3 is mono and records in mov format.

Definitely show us around your city, Adrian!
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

adrianf74

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 11:03:03 PM »
nice nice looking camera, another one I don't have. It's nice to see there's still a dial to change modes and things are not hidden in menus or all touch screen. I like that my LX3, but this one has some nice things to add like 1080p video in mp4 as the container with stereo. I believe the LX3 is mono and records in mov format.

Definitely show us around your city, Adrian!

Once the weather gets a little better, I'll gladly take this little badboy out for a spin.  I'm still getting used to all of the settings as they're all (more or less) menu based depending on the manual setting I choose.   I took it out for Midge Ure earlier this month (small 100 seater club) but didn't have all of the settings the way I wanted them (hadn't change focus priority nor dialed down the apperature) so I got some cooked photos.  I've since figured those mistakes out as I'm in the process of reading the manual (having come from a G11).

1080p video capture quality is excellent in AVCHD.  Didn't try MP4 (might next time).  In this case, the lighting was pretty dim but got some great quality video from the show.  Audio was captured separately although Midge was fighting a bad flu so I'm doubtful I'll share much (if any) of the show.  Will likely post clips on YT at some point in the coming weeks.

Offline Red Boink

• Trade Count: (27)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 02:12:51 AM »
I like the lx line.  I have an lx1 and lx5.  Buying a small camera today, for video or stills I'd take a serious look at the sony rx100.  0nly a few more scheckles. 

Still, for the money, the lx series is very, very good.

Best wishes,

John

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com