Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: pops and cracks on JB3 recordings  (Read 6088 times)

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
Re: pops and cracks on JB3 recordings
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005, 07:14:49 PM »
I just did some tests.  Its the RA connector that goes into the AD20 this time.  I amend my post.  I blew 2 optical-ins on the JB3   

I did notice what a nice warm sound I get out of the Kimber toslink when I compare it to the SP clone.  I wonder why.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 11:19:25 AM »
get everything off of the drive, and then do a disc cleanup and a reformat.  you'll have to go in and reset all of your original settings, but the pops and clicks won't be there on your next recording.

i do this before every show (or when its convenient) and don't have the problem anymore.  however, if i let it go for awhile without one, the pops and clicks come back.
Stupid question, but does the reformat mean updating the firmware again? I get a click in one channel at the start of every recording and I've just been editing it out. I'm not sure if it happens anywhere else. I just delete after 8 or 10 shows.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2005, 11:37:57 AM »
you don't have to update the firmware when you reformat or do a disc cleanup.

as for the click, is it within the first second and just barely there?  i get that too with the disc cleanup/reformat.  i've hard of other people having it too.  i don't know if anyone else figured out how to fix it or what, but i usually just edit it out in post.

for me the format/cleanup helps keep the little blips and digi noise type clicks and junk out of the recording.  however, i don't think everyone has the click/blip/diginoise problem, just some.  which is kind of weird.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 12:36:53 PM »
you don't have to update the firmware when you reformat or do a disc cleanup.

as for the click, is it within the first second and just barely there?  i get that too with the disc cleanup/reformat.  i've hard of other people having it too.  i don't know if anyone else figured out how to fix it or what, but i usually just edit it out in post.

for me the format/cleanup helps keep the little blips and digi noise type clicks and junk out of the recording.  however, i don't think everyone has the click/blip/diginoise problem, just some.  which is kind of weird.
yep, in the first second, one channel and barely there. I edit it out in post. I'm not sure how long it's been going though.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.112 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com