Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO flash diffuser for on-camera flash  (Read 2670 times)

Offline Massive Dynamic

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • 20 years of the best in apocalyptic gothic metal
ISO flash diffuser for on-camera flash
« on: September 15, 2004, 04:27:03 PM »
I've got a Sony PC-110 MiniDV camcorder that doubles as a digital camera.  It's got a built-in pop-up flash that's handy, but for up close shots, it throws a real hotspot.  Anybody know of commercial or DIY solutions for diffusing the flash?  I've got a flash diffuser from my spare 285HV, but I was hoping for something smaller and easy to use. Thanks.
Naiant X-X > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Superlux S502 > Denecke PS-2 > Hosa MIT-435 > M10

dannyboy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ISO flash diffuser for on-camera flash
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 01:02:32 PM »
I've got a Sony PC-110 MiniDV camcorder that doubles as a digital camera.  It's got a built-in pop-up flash that's handy, but for up close shots, it throws a real hotspot.  Anybody know of commercial or DIY solutions for diffusing the flash?  I've got a flash diffuser from my spare 285HV, but I was hoping for something smaller and easy to use. Thanks.

with my sony digicam i would put my finger over part of the flash to "diffuse" it.  works great for close up stuff or white walls behind subject. 

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ISO flash diffuser for on-camera flash
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 10:18:06 AM »
if you wanna leave your flash up then some thin white cloth (cotton generally) with a rubber band around it.  just get the cloth straight across the flash with no ripples

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com