Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Avantone SSM advice  (Read 2508 times)

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • the wendy hour
Avantone SSM advice
« on: February 14, 2008, 05:50:50 PM »
any tips on loading the mics through the bands on these?

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
Re: Avantone SSM advice
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 06:13:06 PM »
Remove two bands from each end, leaving two bands per end.

I also leave my mics in the shocks and the shocks on my t-bar. I place the assembly in a small bag (think Crown Royal bag or similar) then I store that in my bag and when I get into a venue, all I need to do is screw the t-bar on the stand, hook up cables and raise the stand. Quick set-up and tear down.

I also put two of the spare bands on the t-bar so if one on the mounts should go flying, I have spares handy. Though with everything already assembled, I doubt I'll need one of the spares.

< You could also keep the spares around the "barrel" of the mount but over time it might stretch enough where it would not hold the mic if you ever needed to use it. I don't know about the stretching, just speculating. >
< When not on the way to a venue, the mics/shocks/bar live in a pelican case; the soft bag is strictly for travel. >
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 06:53:41 PM by flipp »

Offline newscane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • somuchtosay.net
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:49:41 PM »
any tips on loading the mics through the bands on these?
I just shove the mics in, basically :)

I've left all of the bands on there, but I've already broken a few.  I found some o-rings at Home Depot (#17 size), but they're a little thick, and tricky to get on.  You'd probably be just fine going with 2 bands on each end, as the above poster does...
Current rig: Avantone CK-1 > UA-5 > DR-100mk11
Retired: JB3

My (DMB) shows: http://www.dmbexchange.com/list.php?user=newscane
My website: http://www.somuchtosay.net

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »
leaving two bands each side in a X pattern as opposed to a + pattern works best for my 460s.
I leave the extras around the base.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 02:26:15 PM »
Remove two bands from each end, leaving two bands per end.

I also leave my mics in the shocks and the shocks on my t-bar. I place the assembly in a small bag (think Crown Royal bag or similar) then I store that in my bag and when I get into a venue, all I need to do is screw the t-bar on the stand, hook up cables and raise the stand. Quick set-up and tear down.

I also put two of the spare bands on the t-bar so if one on the mounts should go flying, I have spares handy. Though with everything already assembled, I doubt I'll need one of the spares.

< You could also keep the spares around the "barrel" of the mount but over time it might stretch enough where it would not hold the mic if you ever needed to use it. I don't know about the stretching, just speculating. >
< When not on the way to a venue, the mics/shocks/bar live in a pelican case; the soft bag is strictly for travel. >

+1

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com