Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Uploading torrent to Etree problem  (Read 27327 times)

Offline cmstewart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Uploading torrent to Etree problem
« on: August 23, 2018, 06:47:35 AM »
So I am trying to get my recent recording on etree to share. It's my first time. I went through all the steps laid out. I created the torrent with maketorrent. (I didn't change anything after that, everything is 100%). I went through the steps on etree to upload the .torrent file and add all the info about it. Everything was "Successful". Then i got on utorrent v2.2.1 and added the torrent, selected the folder... it checked it and now it sits at 100% and says "seeding". The tracker on the torrent is the correct one as well.

I've waited more than an hour now and my torrent page on etree says "Visible | no (dead)". I have tried using another client and that didn't work. I've tried updating the tracker, and that didn't work. I don't know what my problem is. Anyone have any ideas on what i should do?

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Re: Uploading torrent to Etree problem
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 08:07:30 AM »
did it create your page after you submitted ? if so do you have a link to the torrent ?
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 08:15:00 AM »
I just checked and there hasn't been a new torrent since 8/21 (2 days ago).  there are 14 since then that shows no seeders so I'm betting it's a tracker issue.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 08:27:58 AM »
It's not you - it is the site. Just need to wait it out  until they fix it.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline microburst

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • formerly "mcroberts"
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 08:42:37 AM »
I tried to upload something yesterday and etree won't recognize my login credentials even though I can use the same credentials to login to db.etree.org just fine.  I noticed no uploads for a day or so and figured they were having problems beyond the intermittent extended downtimes of the past few months.  I sent them an email and as expected no reply.

Offline cmstewart

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 02:04:14 PM »
In my effort to test out things (and resolve the problem) I decided to log out and log back into etree..... and I CANNOT LOG IN now. Nothing works. My username/password are failing, and the "forgot password" link says my email address is invalid. I emailed them last night about it but nothing has happened. No response. I think I'm just giving for now.

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 02:45:23 PM »

It's not you - it is the site. Just need to wait it out  until they fix it.

If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 11:57:57 PM »
Even when it's working it has recently taken a long time (sometimes hours) for my uploads to show up. I've found that I can (sometimes) speed up that process by right clicking my torrent and choose Update Trackers (I'm using rtorrent. I suspect utorrent has the same option).
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

jcable77

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 12:24:30 AM »
Just wait it out Im thinking. Like Vanark said its not you, its them. Ive been seeding a torrent since tuesday and I know everythings good on my end yet its only there if i search under “torrents with no seeders”. Theres a bunch of new ones up there im guessing waiting on the same issue to be resolved.

Offline cmstewart

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 01:59:07 AM »
Just wait it out Im thinking. Like Vanark said its not you, its them. Ive been seeding a torrent since tuesday and I know everythings good on my end yet its only there if i search under “torrents with no seeders”. Theres a bunch of new ones up there im guessing waiting on the same issue to be resolved.

Well I don't know if I should share this or not... but before I started this thread I emailed them at server@etree.org (some other addresses of theirs failed, so I didn't even know if that would work). I expressed that I couldn't even login, and my email address was coming back "invalid" and that I was afraid I wasn't gonna be able to finish what I started with my first torrent upload. I felt totally confused.

This evening they responded basically telling me to f-off. They said it was all my fault because (I have no idea how this is possible, but I registered over a year ago so idk) there was no valid email address added to the account I used. And also, that I had 3 accounts under different names (I'll explain that in a minute) and then they implied I wasn't even real and had no business being on their site. Thanks etree for happily welcoming this hard ass working newcomer to the team.

In the process of trying to log back in, I created a new account to see if my email that I thought I had associate with my main username would take - or if it would come back as "this email address is already associated with another account". So that's why I had more than one, just trying to experiment to find out what the problem/solution could be. But their condescending response and rude accusations have made me feel pretty lousy about even trying to use the site. I'm new, but I'm pretty damn amazing at what I do. However it's their site so they can do whatever they want. I don't really care anymore.

Offline mgoldey

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 06:37:39 AM »
Folks:

It is not possible to log in to bt.etree at the moment.  The reason is that, a few weeks ago, someone claimed to have hacked into the etree.org sites.  After investigating, we decided to change the encryption on the logins and to tighten up the code protecting the database.  Bt.etree hasn't implemented the new system yet.  Until they do, all logins will fail.  (Logging in to db.etree works fine.)

If you've noticed that no one responds to e-mails to server@etree, that's b/c the guys who maintain bt.etree basically don't.

As for Mr. Stewart's rant, that's another story. 

Last night, he e-mailed the db.etree admin address with this: 

"HELP!!! LOGIN FAILED!!!!!!" 

Please help!!! I cannot log in!!! I have been logged on etree forever but now, not only does it not receive my password/username but when I go to "forgot password" it says my email address DOES NOT EXIST!! Please help, urgent!!!

I do have godlike powers, but if you don't tell me your username I don't know who you are.  It also helps to identify the website you're talking about.  Anyway, db.etree provides actual support, so I went into the database and looked up every account with his e-mail address associated with it.  And then I wrote back: 

Colby:

There are at least three accounts with your e-mail address at db.etree:  nitro22888, supercurio and cmstewart.

When you signed up, you didn't put in a valid e-mail address even once.  So, db.etree.org does not have your e-mail address.

Are any of those accounts real?  Which one are you trying to log into.  Can we get rid of the one you created yesterday?

This was his response:

I have had the same account on db.etree for over a year, and access it daily. When your site said "login failed" about 700 times I "wondered" if I accidentally used a different name without realizing it and tried EVERYTHING I could think of. Are they real????? Wtf are you trying to accuse me of. I'm posting this email thread on the taperssection tonight so go ahead and accuse me of scamming you or something. I have always had Nitro22888 as my username. And to my knowledge by.etree never asked me for an email address except on the "forgot password" page. So you tell me what to do, and I'll do it. You FAQ and wiki pages are all down, so when there's any problem there's zero support, especially for relatively new members like myself. I'm only to share music, and that is all. Do what you want though.

I'm not going to explain everything that's wrong with that. 

I will remind everyone that etree.org is run by volunteers; that db.etree and bt.etree are run by different people; that the "Server Team" is basically AWOL which is why bt.etree hasn't changed in 15 years and why no one has fixed the login system over there for several days; and that, if you ask for help, please ask in an intelligent way.

Happy taping.

--mhg

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 09:37:22 AM »
"and that, if you ask for help, please ask in an intelligent way. "

^^

after all the 'mods' are volunteers who generally have agreed to position themselves in a way to help other users

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »
One of the ongoing issues with ETREE in general is that the people that started the sites have grown up, had kids, found real jobs, and gotten a life beyond taping/trading/going to shows...

Years ago (over 10 now???), BT.ETREE tried an update and the fans (myself included) didn't particularly like it.  Some were vocal and the guys that ran the site basically said Eff This and left.  They've left it on auto-pilot since then and only occasionally (twice a year???) look at it to make sure its still running somewhat adequately...  If you need something there, the best bet is to contact Goldey and let him deal with it.  He will fix it.

DB.ETREE is still run by Tom Anderson.  He is more receptive and does check on DB quite often (as compated to the BT guys).  Contact with him is easy and quick.

But to echo the previous posts, ETREE is run by volunteers.

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 11:19:14 AM »
Has there ever been talk of anyone taking over the reins of BT?
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 11:21:33 AM »
Has there ever been talk of anyone taking over the reins of BT?

Congrats on your new position as Head Hondcho at BT.ETREE.  Thanks for volunteering!

Let us know how it all goes...   :laugh:

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.132 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com