Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lets hear about Myteks AD  (Read 18989 times)

Offline Swanny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Some shows...
Re: Lets hear about Myteks AD
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 08:46:56 PM »

and it's variable gain, so as long as the 148 was hot enough you'd be fine.  i don't believe the mytek will add any gain, just subtract..

That sucks I usually have to add +20 or more gain besides what the 148 offers, I guess my search goes on.
Schoeps MK5/8 > KC5 > CMC6> Oade M148/Aerco MP-2 > Mytek 24192 > Tascam dr-100 mkiii

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 10:41:55 PM »
check with mytek.  i may be wrong

marc0789

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 09:45:53 AM »

and it's variable gain, so as long as the 148 was hot enough you'd be fine.  i don't believe the mytek will add any gain, just subtract..

That sucks I usually have to add +20 or more gain besides what the 148 offers, I guess my search goes on.

what? same crappy design as the 2k? boo. :(

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 06:11:09 PM »
no.  it's got a level knob and even separate trim pots.  but i don't think it'll  ADD gain, just take it away.  same as most a/ds

so if the 148 isn't hot enouogh, i think you're out of luck.  but i may be wrong. 

marc0789

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2005, 09:39:30 AM »
no.  it's got a level knob and even separate trim pots.  but i don't think it'll  ADD gain, just take it away.  same as most a/ds

so if the 148 isn't hot enouogh, i think you're out of luck.  but i may be wrong. 

1k, bm1, mme, v3 will all add gain.

Offline scb

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2005, 10:49:59 AM »
the 1k, mm3 and v3 also are preamps though, so they already have the electronics for adding gain, right? 

tood r, where are you? :)

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2005, 11:29:31 AM »

1k, bm1, mme, v3 will all add gain.

sbm-1, ad500e, gp-adc20
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline Brian

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2005, 11:39:36 AM »
some ad converters have line stage amps prior to the adc chipset.....othes do not.   that's what i always thought.

Offline scb

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2005, 12:49:44 PM »
i was under the imopression that most straight up a/d converters didn't add gain, but only took away

Offline Brian

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2005, 01:21:03 PM »
can't you raise the internal gain on the 722 when running line in up to like +12db  or am I mistaken?  i can't remember and i am work without my 722 to look at

edit:  woops...that doesn't count as it is an all-1-one.   but yeah scott a lot fo the dedicated AD converters especially bigger rackmounted ones for studio or multitrack recording use have a fixed gain such that calibration between the pre and it are necessary.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 01:27:03 PM by Brian Sax »

marc0789

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2005, 02:20:23 PM »
i was under the imopression that most straight up a/d converters didn't add gain, but only took away

I think technically you are correct...but you get lots of headroom with the boxes I mentioned, and that headroom is attenuable. Now I *know* that with the 2k, you can't adjust the gain at all, but just add headroom to allow more signal from the preamp, but only to the max the pre will send.

Offline chris_jones

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2005, 04:22:37 PM »
i love my 192, though i've used it but once.  don't feel like i'm sacrificing a thing leaving the apogee at home in favor of the mytek.
Christopher Jones
jones.chris@gmail.com

Offline atticus

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2005, 05:18:54 PM »
Hey all,

I really don't want to spam on my first post but I just wanted to let you know that I am working in customer support for Mytek digital now. If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me an e-mail at david at mytekdigital.com. Thanks a bunch!
David Seymour
Mytek Digital
330-354-1576

Ray76

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2005, 05:21:45 PM »
Hey all,

I really don't want to spam on my first post but I just wanted to let you know that I am working in customer support for Mytek digital now. If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me an e-mail at david at mytekdigital.com. Thanks a bunch!

thanks for posting buddy!

+T

Offline atticus

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2005, 05:27:45 PM »
Hey all,

thanks for posting buddy!

+T

I'm really happy to be here. I'm not really a sales guy at all and I really hope that I can learn a lot from you guys. I'm very new to live recording and I'd love to see how it all works. Michal hired me to help him answer questions about the gear so he can deal with designing stuff so I hope that me posting these first couple of times is not considered spam. Thanks again!
David Seymour
Mytek Digital
330-354-1576

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com