Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

External battery backup for Tinybox?

(1/2) > >>

TheMetalist:
Soon it's festival season and I would like to bring my "new" Tinybox with me. I'm pretty sure the battery won't last for four days of music. Do you guys know a power bank/external battery power that I can use to charge the Tinybox over night? I will not be able to charge it the normal way after I leave home. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks.

jerryfreak:
this is in the right voltage range and should charge it up at least 4 or 5 times if not more

https://www.amazon.com/Talentcell-Rechargeable-6000mAh-Battery-Portable/dp/B00MF70BPU

TheMetalist:

--- Quote from: jerryfreak on May 16, 2019, 01:21:58 AM ---this is in the right voltage range and should charge it up at least 4 or 5 times if not more

https://www.amazon.com/Talentcell-Rechargeable-6000mAh-Battery-Portable/dp/B00MF70BPU

--- End quote ---

That's really nice. Unfortunately it seems like they are not shipping to Sweden. Most likely because the internal Li-ion battery.

Sebastian:

--- Quote from: TheMetalist on May 15, 2019, 02:10:57 PM ---I'm pretty sure the battery won't last for four days of music.

--- End quote ---

I'm not so sure about that. The battery lasts pretty long. You will probably not be taping full days (as in 24 hours of recording per day), so just try to come up with an estimate based on the artists you'll be taping. I'm pretty sure the battery will be more than adequate.

I've never been to a four day event myself, but for the usual three day weekend festival I never ever had to recharge my tinybox.

TheMetalist:

--- Quote from: Sebastian on May 16, 2019, 04:44:32 AM ---I'm not so sure about that. The battery lasts pretty long. You will probably not be taping full days (as in 24 hours of recording per day), so just try to come up with an estimate based on the artists you'll be taping. I'm pretty sure the battery will be more than adequate.
--- End quote ---

I recently purchased the Tinybox. It has a NiMH battery. Not sure about the battery life as I haven't got the possibilty to test it yet. Hopefully I will have time enough to run it this weekend to see how many hours it will last.

I'm planning to record approximately 24 hours of music. It all the depends on the weather and if my feet/back allows me to stand still that long though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version