Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: patching from UA5?  (Read 9300 times)

Offline herrmann2burn

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • West by God
    • my tradelist
Re:patching from UA5?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2004, 10:17:04 AM »
I have the "advanced" driver installed, but I've still switched the ADV to "off" and recorded 16bit a few times without problems on an XP machine.

The ADV on/off controlls the a/d converter, so if you have it set to "on", it will send 24bit to all digital outputs.  This means if you have a digi-mod UA5, you'll be sending 24bit to the USB, coax & optical.  I'm not sure what it means if you have a stock UA5 - I would think any software monitoring would be at the same bitrate you are recording at.  If you connect a 16bit device (JB3, MD, DAT) to the 24bit output, they will truncate to 16bit.  I've done this with a DAT as a safety net in case my USB recording to the laptop had issues.

Thank you for explaining that. +T
~Rhys
Take me home, country roads...to the place, i belong...

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/herrmann2burn

cpclark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2004, 02:24:34 AM »
thanks craig, im gonna have to try this at the next show

jessedscott

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2004, 11:39:35 AM »
I might be too late to chime in on this , BUT, once you gat a moded UA5 warm or presence, all the out puts are active. So if your running coax out, Toslink and RCA are ACTIVE. Atleast they are on mine. I have had Coax, Tos, and RCA's all going at once.....Not to sure about the digi mod though. Hope this helps...

peace, jess

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2004, 09:52:04 PM »
not to bring up old shit... :o  but if I am NOT using a laptop, and only using a JB3, i should turn the ADV switch to off?  so it is only sending 16 bit to my jb3?  I am so confused here...I thought the switch ONLY affected the input, not the out.  

if i am recording to BOTH the laptop(via usb) and the JB3(via optical), and the adv switch is on, i am recording 24 bit on laptop, the JB3 is truncating to 16 bit?  
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2004, 10:03:38 PM »
not to bring up old shit... :o  but if I am NOT using a laptop, and only using a JB3, i should turn the ADV switch to off?  so it is only sending 16 bit to my jb3?  I am so confused here...I thought the switch ONLY affected the input, not the out.

Correct.  (It's the coax/optical switch which only effects input.)

if i am recording to BOTH the laptop(via usb) and the JB3(via optical), and the adv switch is on, i am recording 24 bit on laptop, the JB3 is truncating to 16 bit?

Correct.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2004, 10:08:22 PM »
+t....INFORmation OVERload...getting my switches confused now.  thanx...hope i remember all this shit, i tend to forget(alot) when the sherlock goes swimming around the ocean of friends.  How bad is it to truncate?  is there comps available?  Am i killing/ruining my recording by doing this?
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2004, 10:30:30 PM »
but if I am NOT using a laptop, and only using a JB3, i should turn the ADV switch to off?

This would only work if you digi-modded your UA5.
Mike

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.096 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com