Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need replacement windscreen for earbud mic, SonicFoam windscreen vs generic?  (Read 1679 times)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
I can't imagine those thin ear foams that go over headphones would provide an adequate barrier against wind noise unless you used several of them, but I'm not sure.

For most tapers purposes, I don't particularly think the special foam is needed because I don't think our imperfect sounding recordings, being made with imperfect gear, usually in imperfect settings and imperfect locations, is going to perfectly reflect the sound that's being transmitted anyway.  That said, I do believe the claim that the open cell foam is less sound obtrusive than a denser foam that's not made for the purpose.  They say you can hear a difference in an a vs. b comp, though I've never done that comparison.  For my own purposes, I EQ my recordings so if there's something lacking regardless of whether it was caused by a windscreen, I'll make up for it in post.  Most of us use screens that are quite thick, so the smaller the screen, as the case appears to be for your situation, the less I'd think this would factor into your situation.

Offline Argitoth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
k got it, thanks!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com