Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sound samples of live recordings with different mics here!  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Arni99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Sound samples of live recordings with different mics here!
« on: August 31, 2006, 06:58:36 AM »
http://www.dutchtaper.com/gear.php

it´s NOT my site and NOT my recordings, i wish i had his mics HAHA!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 08:13:32 AM by Arni99 »
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

RebelRebel

Re: Sound samples of live recordings with different mics here!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 07:36:53 PM »
Guy, we get the picture man..

set up in the retail space....

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 12:48:58 AM »

This is a thread to post recordings made with different types of mics. Now there are two of us showing links for this purpose.  :)

I don't see any links to your examples! :(

Please participate  :-\ or go elsewhere to spread your brand of discouragement for others making appropriate posts. >:(

"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

Offline Ryan Sims

• Taperssection All-Star
  • A vision of a gentle coast
    • Something
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 01:08:22 AM »

This is a thread to post recordings made with different types of mics. Now there are two of us showing links for this purpose.  :)

Please participate  :-\ or go elsewhere to spread your brand of discouragement for others making appropriate posts. >:(

I think his point was that the page links to your site, with samples of your mics.  It's hard for me, and I imagine the same to be true with all other sane people, to believe you aren't hoping someone might buy your products from the link which you provided showing microphones all of the same brand, in which you have a vested financial interest.
Ryan (minus sign) Sims dot com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryan-sims/

No single raindrop believes it's to blame for the flood.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 01:39:26 AM »
Guy read what this says: Sounds Samples of LIVE RECORDINGS WITH DIFFERENT MICS HERE! it does not say, live recordings of the mics I manufacture here.

I think you should stop trying so hard to sell. I think you make a great product, but some people do not like your hard selling. I have the same problem from time to time "chill" and the sales will follow. Remember no one likes the salesman that will not leave them alone in the "Future shop" because he works on commission I had to count to 10 once and I said to the sales guy if I get to 10 I am walking out the door. He was trying really hard to explain the "extended warranty" to me and how I really need it.

IMHO your products speak for them selves. I would strongly suggest floating a pair of your mics in the T.S loaner program, so T.S members can check them out. I think some people are skeptical because lets face it, with a computer and good software, I can turn a pretty bad track into something great. So float a pair around here you will then gain the respect of the users here and, they will know what I do. You do make a great set of mics. And people will back off. You have allot of knowledge, but most of the time you spend it trying to sell people something, try just posting some reply’s to help other members on here with out even mentioning you sell anything. See what happens.

Just my two cents.

Chris Church

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 02:31:12 AM »
All good advice.  I would have just included a disclaimer in your message saying, here are some good clips with my mics, or here are some clips of both my and others mics.  And, yes, getting into the technical conversation would be great.

Richard

Guy read what this says: Sounds Samples of LIVE RECORDINGS WITH DIFFERENT MICS HERE! it does not say, live recordings of the mics I manufacture here.

I think you should stop trying so hard to sell. I think you make a great product, but some people do not like your hard selling. I have the same problem from time to time "chill" and the sales will follow. Remember no one likes the salesman that will not leave them alone in the "Future shop" because he works on commission I had to count to 10 once and I said to the sales guy if I get to 10 I am walking out the door. He was trying really hard to explain the "extended warranty" to me and how I really need it.

IMHO your products speak for them selves. I would strongly suggest floating a pair of your mics in the T.S loaner program, so T.S members can check them out. I think some people are skeptical because lets face it, with a computer and good software, I can turn a pretty bad track into something great. So float a pair around here you will then gain the respect of the users here and, they will know what I do. You do make a great set of mics. And people will back off. You have allot of knowledge, but most of the time you spend it trying to sell people something, try just posting some reply’s to help other members on here with out even mentioning you sell anything. See what happens.

Just my two cents.

Chris Church

Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 06:03:50 AM »
All good advice.  I would have just included a disclaimer in your message saying, here are some good clips with my mics, or here are some clips of both my and others mics.  And, yes, getting into the technical conversation would be great.

Richard

Just my two cents.

Chris Church

It's a terrible waste to live in fear, can't learn, can't think, can't move, and can't post.  Let's NOT GO THERE.

------back to the topic------------

Well I followed the link of the originator, and it went to his site, downloaded and listened to WHAT IT IS recordings for making comparisons.

This recording gave good comparison between Shure's MX185 and the SENNS MM-HLSC-2 as both were nice sounding in general and nearly identical in sound qualities. Hard to choice between these two for favorite.  The HEB's mid and highs were not pleasant after listening a short while, and might be due to the presence peaks characteristic of this model mic.

Personally I like a bit more low end often difficult to get with certain directional mics. I wonder if the low end was reduced in edit and not solely characterestic of the mics?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com