Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 9V DVD to 5V USB power converter  (Read 2493 times)

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
9V DVD to 5V USB power converter
« on: March 10, 2014, 09:29:59 AM »
I am in process of trying out a converter for my own DVD battery to provide USB power for my Sound Devices USBPre-2.  Once I finish and check it out there will extra supplies and I will probably have enough parts to make a few if there was any interest.  I don't know about the cost yet that will depend on what I build it in.  I had tried a simple voltage regulator in the past that did not work and this is a completely different approach.  Since I use my DVD battery to power a few different pieces of gear I will make it hot swappable and have 9volt and USB output.  The prototype is not picture worthy since it will only be a down and dirty workable model.  I'm looking for it to provide 5volts at a minimum of 500mA (USB specs), it might end up providing more amperage ;D  But if there is interest I would chip away at a  test version.  I just thought since there are a lot of us with DVD batteries and maybe there are others like me that could use a USB source in addition to the 9 volt source.  The Tascam 60D thread brought the idea back into my memory.  Chime in if this might be something that you'd like, Kirk

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 9V DVD to 5V USB power converter
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:55:33 AM »
This is a great idea for those of you running multi voltage gear.
I had one that ran my ua5 and jb3/mt at the same time off one battery.
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 9V DVD to 5V USB power converter
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »
You've piqued my interest.  Good luck on this project, Kirk.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com