Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: how to solder dpa 4061 (part 2)  (Read 3061 times)

Offline drdrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
how to solder dpa 4061 (part 2)
« on: February 28, 2005, 04:09:20 PM »
holy crap i just got my 4061's today, and i am a little concerned now about doing the hack and solder to these. the cable is so unbeilivably thin. it has lemo connectors at the end, are there any adapters that will convert these to a 1/8 mini stereo plug.  tia

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: how to solder dpa 4061 (part 2)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 08:48:16 PM »
holy crap i just got my 4061's today, and i am a little concerned now about doing the hack and solder to these. the cable is so unbeilivably thin. it has lemo connectors at the end, are there any adapters that will convert these to a 1/8 mini stereo plug.  tia

shoot me a pm. i can do it for a nominal (i call it my "daily Starbucks cost") fee.

marc

"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 05:20:56 PM »
yeah... they are pretty dang tiny.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline drdrew

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 10:09:55 PM »
hi, well im trying to attempt these on my own i decided to try and solder the cable to a y stereo adapter cable wire. i twisted the wires together to test it out and it worked the first time. now im trying to do the same thing to solder them but i get no signal now. is it possible to short the mics out? hope not....tia

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 07:57:05 AM »
hi, well im trying to attempt these on my own i decided to try and solder the cable to a y stereo adapter cable wire. i twisted the wires together to test it out and it worked the first time. now im trying to do the same thing to solder them but i get no signal now. is it possible to short the mics out? hope not....tia

I was worried about that too, but it didn't happen to me.  What's prolly happening is that your soldering isn't clean enough, and there's a connection between the sheild and positive.

Word of advice:  give it a couple shots, and send it off.  I spent way too much $$$ trying to do this myself, and even when I did get it, it was way inferior than if I had sent it to someone like Marc.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Steelcorner27

• Taperssection Regular
  • Audix ADX20-D, DPA 4061, Audix M1290
    • Steelcorner27 Trading Page
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 06:04:50 PM »
just cut into them theres nothing to it there not that small, just remember to put some heat shrink on before you solder or you will be real sloppy in your mini xlr or plug.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com