Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rt-angle V3 power cable?  (Read 23112 times)

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stomach Full of Regret
Rt-angle V3 power cable?
« on: June 05, 2003, 10:51:14 AM »
Is there a a company making a power connector for the v3 that is a right-angle?  i have the eco-charge 6v cable and it's basically shredding right behind the plastic housing.  I've wrapped it in electrical tape and it works, but i'm going to have to get a new one.  My other cables behind there are now rt-angles, so the pressure of the entire box when it's stood up is on the power cable.  not good.   :(

any help appreciated.

-damon

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Re:Rt-angle V3 power cable?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 11:00:29 AM »
Same problem here, Damon.  FWIW, it's a Switchcraft locking connector, part #S760K.  Switchcraft doesn't carry a right-angle version, and I couldn't find a similar but shorter or right-angle connector anywhere.  So...here's what I did:

I ended up just hacking the S760K connector:

[1]  disconnected the wire from the connector
[2]  cut the black protective housing so it was no longer than my right-angle XLRs
[3]  cut the 2 internal pins to fit the black protective housing
[4]  re-soldered
[5]  taped the wire coming out of the housing securely to the housing so it doesn't stress the connections inside the housing

Works great so far.  It's a little sloppy, so I'm going to re-do it with a new S760K connector.  I may have an extra S760K lying around if you want to give it a go but don't want to hack apart your existing connector (like I did).
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 11:16:26 AM »
thanks for the suggestion, Brian, i'm gonna try and hack mine up since it's basically useless anyway  :P  do you happen to have a picture of what you did?

we'll see how it goes.

-damon

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 11:17:40 AM »
I don't have a picture handy, but I'll take one today or tomorrow and post it.
Roland R-05

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2003, 11:19:16 AM »
thanks, brian, +T

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2003, 11:29:01 AM »
yea, those eco-charge ones are a known problem. Been through 2 myself ::)
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2003, 11:32:30 AM »
yea, those eco-charge ones are a known problem. Been through 2 myself ::)

are there any other options?

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2003, 11:49:11 AM »
does pro dig make one?
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2003, 02:27:31 PM »
If you found the pin polarity of the supplied connector, I would assume there are other companies that make the same dia connector.  Usually they are a standard size.  Once you find the pinpolarity you could solder this on to the same size right angle. Just get some specs and search rat shack.
SC

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2003, 02:29:39 PM »
Please post some pics, Brian! I too am having the same problem.  :(

Thanks,
Kevin

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2003, 02:53:22 PM »
If you found the pin polarity of the supplied connector, I would assume there are other companies that make the same dia connector.  Usually they are a standard size.  Once you find the pinpolarity you could solder this on to the same size right angle. Just get some specs and search rat shack.
SC

The pin polarity's a no-brainer:  tip positive, ring negative.

Connector dimensions, known:  http://www.switchcraft.com/products/pdf_files/jack-146_schematic.pdf

The S760K isn't one of the common DC-plug connectors found in most portable consumer electronics gear (like the Sony portables, for instance).  The primary difference is the locking ring.

There seem to be many fewer options for locking connectors, this one included.  So far, I've tried 10 manufacturers / distributors, none of whom carry a right-angle S760K equivalent.  Hence, my hack.
Roland R-05

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2003, 03:05:32 PM »
Some things the polarity is reversed.  But yes 9 times out of ten the pin is +.  I thought this was true at all times until I fried some RC truck components. Better to be safe than sorry.  I realize a locking connector is preferred, but couldn't you rig something up if you wanted the 90 that bad??  How about a little velcro strap to hold it in place. Put in the connector (should have some resistance) and strap over a piece of velcro taped or glued to the unit??? They really should have just gone with the old XLR's though.  Come on guy's, you built a case out of shevling for the old frying pans... :)

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2003, 03:18:16 PM »
i am thinking about going with a non-locking right-angle connector.  if the unit is resting on the jack, there really isn't much need for the screw-on lock.  plus, you're right, i could always just velcro it or tape it on.  

-damon

Offline EScott

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2003, 03:24:16 PM »
I have a right angle battery cable purchased through Pro Dig.  It works fine based on Damon's theory probably 85% of the time.  To insure it works properly, I just run a piece of transparent tape over hit to hold it in place.  I started doing this after noticing power outs on the V3 if the bag was bumped.  

Eric
"You know the type loud as a motor bike
But wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight"

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2003, 04:07:36 PM »
Some things the polarity is reversed.  But yes 9 times out of ten the pin is +.  I thought this was true at all times until I fried some RC truck components. Better to be safe than sorry.  I realize a locking connector is preferred, but couldn't you rig something up if you wanted the 90 that bad??  How about a little velcro strap to hold it in place. Put in the connector (should have some resistance) and strap over a piece of velcro taped or glued to the unit??? They really should have just gone with the old XLR's though.  Come on guy's, you built a case out of shevling for the old frying pans... :)

I've never been able to figure out why anyone would make the ring positive.  But yeah, sometimes that's the case.  Like the UA5 - it's ring is positive, tip negative.  Someone here or the Oade board fried some stuff because of it.

And you're absolutely right - it should be easy enough to use a non-locking connector and rig it securely into place with tape or velcro or some such.  My personal experience with tape isn't stellar, though, largely through my own fault.  Tape stretches and I'm not always diligent enough about replacing it as it wears.  Similar deal with velcro - I've found I have to check/adjust it constantly, and often forget, then...nudge the bag and bang, no power.

It works fine based on Damon's theory probably 85% of the time.  To insure it works properly, I just run a piece of transparent tape over hit to hold it in place.  I started doing this after noticing power outs on the V3 if the bag was bumped.

Erik - Works 85% of the time with or without the tape holding it in place?  I hope it works 100% of the time with the tape in place!
Roland R-05

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2003, 04:08:23 PM »
Yes I did think about the fact that it could rest on the connect and agree that it would probably work 80% of the time. Its making it 100% reliable that is key.
SC

Offline EScott

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2003, 04:23:16 PM »
100% of the time with tape in place.  I also just e-mailed Ed @ Kindcables to see if he might work on a right angle, locking solution for us.  I will post when I hear back from him.

Eric (With a C)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2003, 04:27:58 PM »
Okay, that's what I though, Eric.  If only I had better mental diligence, I wouldn't have had to hack my connector!  lol  I'll still post pics though in case anyone's interested...
Roland R-05

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2003, 05:40:32 PM »
Why not eliminate one of the AES connectors and replace it w/ an xlr 4 pin power connector?  Maybe Grace can do this as a mod?

I wish it had an XLR power cable like the V2, and your idea is certainly an option, but probably more hassle/$$$ than it's worth when it's pretty easy to hack the locking connector or rig a non-locking connector.  I may send mine off for the optical ouput mod if they start offering it, though.
Roland R-05

rabhan

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2003, 09:42:49 PM »
mine is there now bc the 'ansr' light wont come on, aaaaaargghh!

"i cant get the damn answer!" i kept yelling at garage-a-trois tues night, hehe

rabhan

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2003, 09:22:18 PM »
i spoke to Jamie about that. he said that the AES would not be mod'd for an XLR power in bc they want that for high-bit output and also, they considered XLR power bc that is how the V2 is and they didnt have room. they also said that when the future mods come out, they have to put them somewhere, and it has to do with the inside of the box, the cards n stuff, as much, if not more, than the outside locations. he said that a right angle connector for the current DC power port isnt really a current concern for them. fwiw. and i am paraphasing from our earlier conversation

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2003, 10:00:34 AM »
it doesn't surprise me that they don't care about the right angle deal.  besides i think most of us bought the eco-charge connector, so maybe we can talk to those guys about making one.  i'm not sure if y'all's experience with eco-charge has been the same but everytime i call eco-charge, i get a lot of attitude from the guy.  when i got my v3 i was thinking about getting the 12v version since i have a d10 and it might've made sense to have two 12v devices for powering options.  he said, "what the hell do you want a 12v v3 for?"  thanks, helpful.  in the end, i decided on the 6v version, but i bought it from masterpiece and not them.  plus, i've actually gotten better prices on eco-charge stuff from other dealers than the price they quote me.  

-damon

rabhan

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2003, 06:22:26 PM »
masterpiece is the shit! they are so nice and have such great service!

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2003, 12:52:44 PM »
I never tried Ed at KK because according to the people at Ecocharge (who I'm becoming more and more convinced are total dickwads), there is no other connector that may be reliably used other than the switchcraft model due to the port's construction.  the guy was a total ass about it on the phone.  anyways, i'm not sure what i'm gonna do, i have hacked up my old cable yet and i've stopped using right angle xlr's so that not all of the weight of the box and strain ends up on the power connector alone.

-damon

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2003, 01:14:12 PM »
nice work, Mike, +t for your efforts.
-damon

Offline EScott

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2003, 01:25:46 PM »
I never heard back from Kind Kables - Ed is usually pretty good about returning calls or e-mails unless he is out at shows.  Maybe someone can try Pro Dig and see if he could make a custome one?  He made custom battery cables for my V2 and AD2K a couple of years ago.

Eric

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2003, 02:37:02 PM »
I would be very interested in something like this. Thanks for stepping up, Mike!

Now to this quote.....

it doesn't surprise me that they don't care about the right angle deal. I'm not sure if y'all's experience with eco-charge has been the same but everytime i call eco-charge, i get a lot of attitude from the guy.

Sorry to bring this back up (I just read it), but I feel the same way you do. That guy at eco charge is a total DICK! I had a conversation with him a while back and it came to the point where we were literally talking shit to each other. His got major attitude issues! I felt like reaching through the phone and punching him in the face! Sorry yall, but I had to vent. I've been holding that on in for a while now.

Kevin :angry2:

rabhan

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2003, 06:46:22 PM »
i'd be interested for sure, as long as it didnt interfere with the spdif out or the WC (toslink mod) out

rabhan

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2003, 06:22:43 PM »
as soon as you get one, post a pic of it and a review!

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2003, 07:00:13 PM »
well done, mike, i'll order mine tomorrow.

-damon

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2003, 07:01:17 PM »
Forgot about this for a few days.  Pics of my hacked V3 power cable.  Easy job:  

[1]  cut black connector barrel
[2]  trim the internal pins
[3]  resolder cable
[4]  tape cable to remaining connector barrel to prevent stress

Easy peasy.  The black goo you see in pic #1 is just residue from the "liquid electrical tape" I used instead of shrink wrap to protect the solder joints inside the barrel.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 03:28:35 PM by Brian Skalinder »
Roland R-05

rabhan

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2003, 08:36:41 PM »
the 4pin silver male's are only 2.75 @
http://www.markertek.com/MTStore/product.CFM?BaseItem=NC4FX

so what would he then charge, $30? still a great value!

i wouldnt want him to do it for my application, i only need about 16", so i would hack the cable anyways, and i can put my own end on it, fwiw.

but thanks for the update.......send pics as soon as you get one!

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2003, 11:02:49 PM »
mike, did you get the right angle plug from leonard yet?  photos?

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2003, 11:31:09 PM »
yeah, i know his stuff.  he did the mod on my first rig, a d-8 with the stealth mics.  it had the molded right angle 1/8th" jack.  leornard's a good egg.

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2003, 03:12:03 PM »
i can envision it due to the very graphic nature of your description.  i may do the same with mine since the heat shrink is now coming undone due to bending it at a 90* all the time since it's upright in my bag.  pics would be nice to see if it is as i think it is.

good work, thanks for the info, mike

jr

i like your 'new' handle better than the 'mold' one.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 07:17:59 PM by John R »
we all live downstream.

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2003, 07:14:02 PM »
mfrench, the macgyver of taping, nice job and +T
In Tyler we Trust

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2003, 06:05:47 PM »
I did not shorten the length of the black handle. Load can be born on the end of the plug w/out affecting the cable.

IMO, this only alleviates half the problem - stress on the wire.  The other half of the problem:  load on the connector.  I personally do not want the weight of the V3 bearing on my S760K, even with the wire re-routed.  It's bound to stress the male connector and the female connector, taboot.  Still asking for trouble in my book.  Pretty nifty explanation, Mike - let us all know how it works out after you've used it in the field.
Roland R-05

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2003, 09:19:47 PM »
wouldn't the xlr's and the spdif be about the same depth as the dc cable after it's retrofit?  mike?

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2003, 10:14:29 PM »
we'll wait and see.

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2003, 12:29:33 PM »
Please connect the xlr and then measure the distance from the back of the V3 case to the furthest point in depth with the Neutrik 90* xlr. Please post this measurement. I'm really curious to see how deep this is. (thanks)

27mm
Roland R-05

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2003, 05:38:03 PM »
brian where is 27mm in respect to your hacked power cable?  mike?  how deep is your ra spdif mike?

looks like the end may be near.

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2003, 08:07:42 PM »
nice, mike.  how long did you make the cable?  which cable did you use?  other end straight, or 90* also?

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2003, 11:38:16 PM »
brian where is 27mm in respect to your hacked power cable?  mike?  how deep is your ra spdif mike?

looks like the end may be near.

jr

My hacked ghetto power cable comes in at around 22mm, plenty of room to spare.  For digital outs, I'm running RA XLR > coax out right now.  Next step: same right angle RCA connector as Mike so I have 2 reliable digi-outs (currently using an unreliable RA RCA adapter, complete POS).
Roland R-05

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2003, 12:00:30 AM »
i guess it's time to get some ra xlr's.  i use aes2>dap1 for me, aes1 and spdif for patchers.  i'll try hacking the dc cable after atlanta.

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2003, 01:38:59 PM »
off power topic;

Switchcraft 90*r.a. cable end that I used for Canare coax s/pdif cable.
http://www.switchcraft.com/products/534.html

Hey Mike --

Can you tell me how far the RA coax connector comes off the back of the V3?  You know, from the face of the V3 backplate to the longest point of the connector.

I checked the SW specs, but...it doesn't seem to tell me.  It tells me how far it is from the housing around the plug (that would butt up against the V3s backplage) to the *middle* of the connector, but not to the end.  WTF?

Thanks.
Roland R-05

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2003, 12:12:31 PM »
Thanks, Mike!
Roland R-05

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2003, 09:55:36 PM »
Its not as short as yours at 22mm, but it still is shorter than the profiles of the xlrs around it.
I could have gone shorter, but I wanted a base as large as possible to apply the "warm melt glue finish" for cable strain rellief.

I went shorter than necessary - a couple mm longer would be better, I think.  Not as messy a hack job.  I like your glue idea, I'm gonna give that one a go one of these days.

Now I need to rework the mic connects and create an aes cable. :banging head: :bigsmile:

At least you're not having to hose around with the MMe!!   :P
Roland R-05

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2003, 12:19:41 AM »
Here are some right angle>V3 pics. The cable was made with love by m0k3...aka mfrench...aka super nice guy ;) More pics to come. Thanks.....Jason
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 12:24:49 AM by sideshowbob »
"Music soothes the beast in a man"...Joseph Stalin

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."  Abraham Lincoln (Dec. 18, 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives)

Schoeps MK21/MK41/MK5/M222's>Elvo NT222's>Grace V3>SD 722

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2003, 12:20:09 AM »
more

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."  Abraham Lincoln (Dec. 18, 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives)

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2003, 12:20:44 AM »

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2003, 12:21:45 AM »
and last....

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2003, 01:14:31 AM »
Here are some right angle>V3 pics. The cable was made with love by m0k3...aka mfrench...aka super nice guy ;)
Moke -- your hack job doesn't look like a, well...hack job!  Nice work, great stuff!!   :cheers:

I have a lot to learn from the likes of you...
Roland R-05

rabhan

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2003, 01:35:04 AM »
yeah, nice work!

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2003, 02:45:10 AM »
great werk mike, whats the other end hook into tho???an ecocharge?? ???
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2003, 03:25:25 AM »
I set it up for 6volt 4-pin xlr.

is that a comparison just to show endz??? ???

Offline Wes

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2003, 08:16:27 AM »
I think that 1st pic is just a comparison pic, Bean.   Nice work Moke +t
" Radio Shack md440zrs>high pass filter>whopper a>d "

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2003, 04:34:51 PM »
thanks for the clarification guyz, it was a long nite last nite......+T moke 8)

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2003, 10:19:37 PM »
m0k3- I'd like to hear how you did that hack. I could use a 90* power cable...

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2003, 10:25:19 PM »
no rush. thanks! +t

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2003, 07:07:29 PM »
danke schoen. +T

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2003, 11:49:31 PM »
hell yeah, mike!

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2003, 12:25:15 AM »
nice mike, thanks.

jr

we all live downstream.

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2003, 07:00:18 PM »
Now we need to get him to address the r.a. s/pdif connection :wink2:

That's what cracks me up about the whole thing... all that work just to have the s/pdif sticking out
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2003, 07:12:48 PM »
Now we need to get him to address the r.a. s/pdif connection :wink2:

That's what cracks me up about the whole thing... all that work just to have the s/pdif sticking out

friggin' n00b ;D

jr

we all live downstream.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2003, 07:24:36 PM »
Man, I gotta do something about my ghetto power plug...   :-[
Roland R-05

rabhan

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2003, 07:49:32 PM »
i want one of those Bri-mods! get back w00ks, i am first in line!

rabhan

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2003, 08:42:09 PM »
i am really too busy and tired to do more hacking. and i really liked his work in that pic.

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2003, 11:42:23 PM »
I have nothing but time on my hands, and I'm always looking for a new project.  If I were to make up a bunch of these RA power cables, with an inline fuse and a 4-pin neutrik on the other end, would yall be willing to buy them from me?  

I'd be willing to give them to the TS.com guys to try out, let me know improvements, and so on, but if you like it you have to cover the cost of parts for me ;).

Any interest in trying some of my hack jobs out?  I'd like to know before I order the parts...
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2003, 11:39:42 PM »
the rabhan cable is pretty sweet, and yellow for high visibility.

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2003, 11:59:57 PM »
hahaha. great avatar lee. +T

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.203 seconds with 98 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com