Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best and easiest large file sharing program ?  (Read 2704 times)

Offline hotdog

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Best and easiest large file sharing program ?
« on: August 26, 2018, 06:54:09 PM »
Hey folks I get tecnally challenged sometimes  sharing my raw audio files was using drop canvas but that program has gone belly up
Any thing user friendly out there for audio files ? Much thanks ahead .......Dunc
Schoeps MK4/ MK41vs//active /Nbox
> 702> 744t

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Re: Best and easiest large file sharing program ?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 08:21:27 PM »
What exactly are you trying to do? I share raw audio files in WAV format or FLAC format via wetransfer all the time. But, the links for the free version are only good for a week. Works for my uses, but maybe the pay version would be better for you.

Others use dropbox or google drive. Both free versions also have space limitations.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline opsopcopolis

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 09:01:51 PM »
Dropbox is the best IMO. If you just need occasional limited sending less than 2gb, wetransfer will do the job

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 08:05:42 AM »
I use DropBox to share my Transfers with the folks that send me their Tapes.  It let's me do multiple GBs at a time. You'll need to have the free space on your local HDD for it to work right...

Google drive may work better - I've never tried it.  I just paid for DB and have stayed with it.  Works for me...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline opsopcopolis

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 10:24:37 AM »
I use DropBox to share my Transfers with the folks that send me their Tapes.  It let's me do multiple GBs at a time. You'll need to have the free space on your local HDD for it to work right...

Google drive may work better - I've never tried it.  I just paid for DB and have stayed with it.  Works for me...

Terry

You can selective sync on dropbox so it stays online but doesn't dl to your comp. It's great

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 10:31:03 AM »

Terry

You can selective sync on dropbox so it stays online but doesn't dl to your comp. It's great

This is what I do with my masters so my laptops don't try to download it all.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com