Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ATI ALL in Wonder Help  (Read 4423 times)

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
ATI ALL in Wonder Help
« on: March 17, 2004, 08:52:32 AM »
Hey all I bought  ATI All in Wonder 9200 card the other day. It's a 128MB DDR. I've now gotten it to install and works for normal stuff. But I've been unable to get it to be able to use the supplied TV program guide. It loads the listings but when I try and watch it says no tuner found?  So I try a trial of Beyone TV3 and it recognises the card and I can watch TV. The only problem there is that it seems to be jumpy. as if the bufer was not set high enough. I boosted that but get the same thing. I'm going to try to see if I need to change the buffer source. It's set to software. I'll try hardware and see if that helps. Anyone have any ideas. I'm trying to set up a TVIO style box for video capture and burning. The PC is a Athalon XP 1700+, 768MB of DDR, 7200 40 GB drive.
if that helps.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re:ATI ALL in Wonder Help
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 11:21:53 AM »
Is the board that Athlon is on a VIA-based board by any chance? My All-In-Wonder Radeon raised HELL with my board to the extent that I had to find an older version of the 4-in-1 driver to get things working. I actually don't use the ATI card as I'm "supposed to" now - it's just a video card at this point, but whenever I get a new desktop, I'll convert it into a multimedia box.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 12:59:29 PM »
I'm not sure it works fine for normal things. Like games, it gets a signal from the other software. I followed the instructions. pretty close. I'm going to check for new drivers tonight.  I think I'm close just need to tweak it out.I have not tried any other source yet. A I got the card to basically crate a tvio style box.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 06:24:31 PM »
i have the all in wonder 7500, i know that my signal has to be very strong in order for the tuner on the card to be able to pick anything up.  if i have the line split, all i get is fuzz.

i haven't ran my tv into my puter in a long time tho, so i can't really remember all the troubleshooting i had to do.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 07:45:59 AM »
I got it working last night. Taped Chapelle's show. I'm going to deciate a cable line to it eventually (I ned to drill and run a line). It is pachted together a bit right now. Looks pretty good though. I'm sure I'll get a cleaner signal when I run that line.

It's pretty darn cool all in all. I had it set to best quality last night and the 32 min show was 1.5 GB :o. So since I don't have my DVD burner yet I'll have to keep it at a lower setting I guess.

I had to adjust the buffer and I changed the de interlace to be done by the HD if anyone is interested. Seems to be working ok now.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 01:56:59 PM »
did yours come with a remote.  my all in wonder came with this big remote.  its funny cuz i can move the mouse pointer with it.  hehe, i show it to all my friends when they come over.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 02:23:53 PM »
did yours come with a remote.  my all in wonder came with this big remote.  its funny cuz i can move the mouse pointer with it.  hehe, i show it to all my friends when they come over.

No it was about $150 cheaper than the one with the remote. I decieded it was a better deal without.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com