Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Soundbars what do you think?  (Read 2594 times)

Offline tmfraley2

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • FOB is where I want to be....
Soundbars what do you think?
« on: March 03, 2008, 12:24:17 PM »
So we are getting ready to move and I am going to have the living room with an LCD 42-50 in tv and also more of a listening system, and since I am not spending too much on the tv I am considering getting a sound bar but one that does not need a receiver since I will be powering my speakers with an amp and preamp, so long story short, anyody have one of these and have a good rec on why I shoudl or should not purchase one?  Any help would be great! 
"Even jesus couldn't pull a good tape from the lawn" - Nick Gregory 6/28/05

KM140>V2>722

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
Re: Soundbars what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 12:59:44 PM »
A friend of mine is getting ready to buy one, and I'll relay his impressions since I've never actually heard one:

He thinks they are awesome.  As long as you don't skimp on the quality, you'll get some great sound out of it.  He does say you need a properly setup room for them to work correctly - it should be a square/rectangle and the couch must not be against the back wall, so the sound can bounce off of it (recreating the surround experience).  He loves it since it keeps wires from being strung everywhere, and he's kind of anal-retentive about stuff like that. ;)  This is the one he is going to buy:  http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=316150&i=022YSP3KB&tp=6561

Again, I have no direct experience, just relaying thoughts. :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 01:03:25 PM by John Kelly »
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com