Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Can anyone comment on the new-ish Trends Audio TA-10 amp?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline chris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Can anyone comment on the new-ish Trends Audio TA-10 amp?
« on: February 16, 2007, 03:21:48 PM »
Hey,

While I got out of the T-amp craze about a year ago, I am very curious with this new iteration of the amp.  6 Moons gives it a nice thumbs up.  I have the old standard Sonic Impact which is fun and all.  But, by no means, can compete w/my SET amp.

Anyone care to comment on the sound of this baby, much appreciated. 

Thanks,
Chris Evans

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/trends/ta10.html
LSD2>mod UA5>Darrin's non-reliable PDA (or my non-reliable D8)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Can anyone comment on the newish Trends Audio TA-10 amp?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 04:14:56 PM »
Hey,

While I got out of the T-amp craze about a year ago, I am very curious with this new iteration of the amp.  6 Moons gives it a nice thumbs up.  I have the old standard Sonic Impact which is fun and all.  But, by no means, can compete w/my SET amp.

Anyone care to comment on the sound of this baby, much appreciated. 

Thanks,
Chris Evans

Interesting What does it do? Looks like a bunch of electronics surplus to me.. I see a $.50 potentiometer and a few metal film resistors and a whole bunch of film caps. But.... What does it all mean? It looks like some fancy waste of money to me. Please help me understand what this is?

Chris Church

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/trends/ta10.html
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline chris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Can anyone comment on the new-ish Trends Audio TA-10 amp?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 05:30:09 PM »
Chris,

It's just another version of the ever popular tripath power amp.  This one runs about 8 watts per channel.  Suprisingly, these little amps can sound quite nice given one is using highly efficient speakers.  I had a custom made tripath amp once that sounded unreal. 

It also has the .50 pot which means you have somewhat of a preamp stage as well (or at least the ability to control levels). 

Choosing to run a tube preamp stage in front of a tripath amp yields very interesting results esp if you run the the amp of DC (batt) supply.

But, again, it's probably nothing to take too seriously.  However, I am a fan of 6moons reviews...hence I'm quite interested in this bugger.

C Evans

LSD2>mod UA5>Darrin's non-reliable PDA (or my non-reliable D8)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com