Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

LOM mics

(1/5) > >>

ilduclo:
cross posting this from another thread. What I hear doesn't sound bad, I hope that some folks can give some of these a try and let us know what they think

x posted from Church Audio shipping thread

"https://store.lom.audio/collections/microphones-accessories

Has anyone tried LOM mic's?  A friend said he ordered a pair of omni mic's - mostly for ambient sound."

heathen:
The company itself is pretty neat: https://lom.audio/about-us/

ilduclo:
noted this statement, too , hope some of our members (Euros?) can give these a try

Quality
All LOM instruments are assembled, checked for quality and packed in Bratislava, Slovakia, either by us or by robots. Uši capsules and cabling are made in Japan. We use high-quality, long-lasting, gold-plated Neutrik connectors made in Lichtenstein. We generally try to avoid third-world sourced manufacturing, whereever possible.

mnm207:
I'm a fan of what Jonas is doing with LOM. It's fun to see him working through product and artistic ideas on his Instagram accounts: @lomlabel & @jonas.gruska.

I've got a pair of the original non-modular Usi Pros (XLR, phantom, EM172 capsule) and a pair of the tiny mikroUsi (1/8" stereo, PiP). I bought them to use for field recording. They sound pretty good to my ears though I don't have high-end mics to compare them to. The mikroUsi mics are a little fragile; on their first outing (a week long trip around Israel) I managed to pull the cables slightly away from the mic bodies while putting on windscreens. They still work properly.

Nothing online from them at the moment; if I've got time next week I'll try to put something up.

I've also been using his Elektrosluch 3 and Priezor instruments, which are a lot of fun.

ThePiedPiper:
The sample sounds nice and the build quality looks top notch ... I'm not too sure about the 115SPL though. If they can handle the 4.7k MOD these could be a nice/inexpensive alternative to the B3's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version