Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: car audio cont...  (Read 11566 times)

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re:car audio cont...
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2003, 06:16:53 PM »
does anyone have any idea wether i could pick up the bob and tom show via xm radio? i get off work at 530am and thats what i listen to all the way home (45-50 miles) and the reception is really shitty for half the drive

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2003, 10:20:53 AM »
I talked to my brother more about putting something in my truck.  He said I should go with Dynaudio components as they have a soft dome tweeter, Phoenix Gold TI500 amp, not sure on the sub yet, but it needs to fit under the seat of my truck.  Only problem I see is my dog chewing the crap out of it on trips!  

jpschust

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2003, 11:07:06 AM »
christ bob and tom... everyone raves about them, ive never gotten it myself.  

Offline JeffK

• Taperssection Member
  • ...just a little split off center than the most
    • umphreaks!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2003, 03:34:40 PM »
He said I should go with Dynaudio components

Dynaudio or Focal are about as good as it gets for components.  They're both rather pricey though :)

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2003, 02:26:00 AM »

you're not alone, I never thought 2 annoying dudes laughing at their own silly jokes was humorous.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2003, 12:15:01 PM »
>>I am so jealous of your brother.  If I had all Phoenix Gold amps in my car, I would be set for life.<<

i LOVE mine.  and now that we've been talking car audio here i have the bug again to upgrade.  might be time to disconnect the 4x6's in my dash and replace them with some 5.25 components powered off the amp.only catch is that i'm gonna have to cut a little into the frame to fit 5.25's in there, but i think it'll be worth it to add some nice components about 2 feet below head level on the dash

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/orts_speakers/index.asp
« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 12:18:27 PM by scott brown »

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2003, 09:59:41 PM »

i have been listening to them for several years.. have always loved it

and at 5am in the morning, there isnt anything else on the radio!

so can i get it on XM radio or not???

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2003, 10:25:35 PM »
cayman,
Got your pkg, discs are out tomorrow thanks.
SC

Offline JeffK

• Taperssection Member
    • umphreaks!
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2003, 01:32:14 PM »
and now that we've been talking car audio here i have the bug again to upgrade.

Isn't this always the case?  :)  I've been fighting the urge for over 2 years now.  The thing is, I already have all the gear, just have been fighting putting it into the car or get new stuff, hehe.

Also, be careful with components if you're going to mount your tweeters higher up in the car.  A friend had some Focal components, which sound AWESOME in the doors/kicks, but he mounted the tweeter in the dash and they were horribly bright.  He ended up making some kick panels for em and now they rawk!!!

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2003, 01:58:35 PM »
I've thought about building some kick panels for the truck.  I'm going to go with the Dynaudios probably mid summer if all is well and I get the promotion my boss is trying to get me.  These will have to go in the door though as the parking brake would need to be moved some to allow for kick panels.  This is not a god idea as I use the parking brake a lot during the summer when pulling the boat in and out all summer long.  This along with the fact that I get in with soaking feet filled with sand has made me decide to put them in the door. I sure like the imagin more in the kick panels though.
SC

Offline JeffK

• Taperssection Member
    • umphreaks!
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2003, 04:16:57 PM »
Kicks are great, if they're practical for you... but sounds like they're not :(

I had kicks in a Civic a few years ago.  6.5" in the doors, 4" and 1" in the kicks, all Canton.  Still have the components and the kick panels, but they're not doing me a whole lotta good sitting in the basement, hehe.

I'm glad it's cold, because with talk like this I'd otherwise be installing a stereo back into my car all weekend :)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2003, 01:58:05 AM »
>>lso, be careful with components if you're going to mount your tweeters higher up in the car.  A friend had some Focal components, which sound AWESOME in the doors/kicks, but he mounted the tweeter in the dash and they were horribly bright.  He ended up making some kick panels for em and now they rawk!!!<<

ended up picking up a pair of MB Quart RSC 213 components off ebay.  5.25s

now the question is where do i put them?  the front dash?  the front kick panel?  the overhead sound bar? (car is a wrangler).  front dash might work, though maybe too bright like you said.  they'll be driven by the PG xs4300 amp driving everything now

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2003, 02:47:47 PM »
If you guys want to hear the worst on-hold music of all time, check out the MB Quart customer service line at (800) 962-4412.

German techno discotheque!
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline JeffK

• Taperssection Member
    • umphreaks!
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2003, 12:58:46 AM »
Scott,

I just looked at those photos, and it looks like the stock speaker locations in the dash will be easiest, and probably not all that bad.  When I was speaking of being bright in the dash, I was talking about general passenger cars where the speakers are very close to ear level.

You'll probably wanna make your own bracket too, instead of buying the ones from the above site.  I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that you'll be better off mounting the tweeter below the woofer if you go with the dash.  Also, try and seal around the back of the speaker with some insulation and it should help to create a tigher/more pronounced midbass.

Still better would be kick panels, but they would probably be pricey to have fabricated... unless you know how to work with fiberglass ;)  It doesn't look like Q-logic makes any prefabbed kicks for Jeep Wranglers.

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2003, 01:03:37 AM »
Also, try and seal around the back of the speaker with some insulation and it should help to create a tigher/more pronounced midbass.

Dynomat- definately the best investment in car audio.
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com