Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to set up soundboard feed  (Read 8538 times)

Online goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: How to set up soundboard feed
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2018, 11:51:53 AM »

Most engineers will be able to supply a mains out through one/two of the Omni (I think they call them matrix outs) outs via XLR or TRS. If they are running in mono you can just take the mono feed and copy it to stereo later with a few clicks.

This video shows how to route inputs to the matrix outs.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=behringer+x32+routing+mic+input+to+aux+input&&view=detail&mid=0535C6F4E4D2798C10520535C6F4E4D2798C1052&&FORM=VDRVRV

Keep in mind that the FOH will likely have NOT done a full soundcheck for each band in a festival setting and will have to set the scenes as the bands take the stage. The routing will probably reset if they change to a preset scene (possibly if the headliner has done a soundcheck). Festival settings are hectic for FOH since it's not a usual show with the headliner and support acts having done a check earlier and they just have to recall the scenes that save the dynamics and input routing.

I would just take the mains out and be done with it. For metal the only things likely to be coming through the PA are vocals, drums and effects and that is all you are likely to really need to spruce up your room mics.

Use the outputs and your F8 instead of the USB - you won't have to deal with drift and aligning sources later. Make sure you bring XLR, TRS and RCA cables and adapters to be prepared!
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2018, 12:50:13 PM »
The other night I tried using 2 different 8g thumb drives in a Beringer x32. The Beringer wouldn't recognize either drive so I took a line out via XLR. The operator manual cautions against using cheap, slow thumb drives- these drives were swag I picked up at a trade show so I'm hoping that was the issue. I have an opportunity to try again later this month so I'll take a brand name drive. Has anyone experienced thumb drive problems with the x32? Is there anything else I need to check? The drives were formatted FAT32, per the manual.

This has come up several times in the X-32 FB group. The response is usually that "the X32 is finicky about USB thumb drives", try a different thumb drive. 32GB formatted as FAT32 is what most people appear to be using but I have not seen mention of specific thumb drive brands, etc
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2018, 05:40:44 PM »
I've always used Sandisk Data Traveler SE9 USB thumb drive, and only had a problem this most recent time. Got two dropouts, approximately 11 seconds each off the x32. I figure that it's from the junk on the card. The one I was using has a Linux boot on it, I should probably use a freshly formatted one in the future.

https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Return of the Shredi
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2018, 03:21:54 PM »
It might be a good idea when you ask an FOH to set up the main matrix output (or whatever you are looking for) for you to also suggest that they add this to their default template or templates so in the future all they have to do is turn it on and slide up some levels for you. I'm just starting with an Allen & Heath relatively new programmable and I'm getting to the point where I can do things like that but I don't have access to it all the time. You can get the manual for what the particular club or band is running and figure out how to do it, then you can at least speak knowledgeably about it and perhaps make them feel a tiny bit unprofessional for not knowing what to do. All respectfully and politely of course.
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com