Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adapter question  (Read 2530 times)

Offline strangetapes

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Adapter question
« on: April 25, 2008, 06:18:52 PM »
I've got a couple of adapter questions.

Recently I've had to turn down a couple of patchers as they did not have a BNC connection to patch digitally out of the 722.
I always hate to turn down a patcher as I was one for a while (as were many of us when we started) especially when there are no other tapers.  Not to mention it is nice to have someone to watch the gear while I grab a beer or hit the bathroom!

So the question is, BNC>RCA F does it need to say 75ohm or will any BCN>RCA F work.  Also are there any others that I should have to help out some other patchers.   I Still have a full compliment of splitters and analog adapters from my patching days but never had to deal with BNC before.

Also the BNC connectors on the 722 stick out pretty far and make me wonder if they are susceptible to breaking.  Should I Just get a BNC>RCA F Cable to relieve the stress of attaching and removing a RCA male cable into an adapter attached directly to the connector.

Any suggestions on best place to get these is appreciated.

And yes I do know that any patcher should have all of their bases covered, but I always like to help out.  I had some great people help me out back in the day, when I was unprepared.
Neumann SKM 184's; Busman BSC1's K1/K2/K3/K4
V3
SD722; R44

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
Re: Adapter question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:17:28 AM »
Should I Just get a BNC>RCA F Cable to relieve the stress of attaching and removing a RCA male cable into an adapter attached directly to the connector.

This.

I ordered custom from markertek a 1m 75ohm cable with a right angle BNC to RCA specifically for patchers and also for transfering from DAT to the SD722.    I tried those BNC adapters from radio shack and I had drop outs with both of them so I decided a real cable was worth the money.

I haven't had a single patcher since I started carring that cable.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline strangetapes

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 12:38:46 PM »
Should I Just get a BNC>RCA F Cable to relieve the stress of attaching and removing a RCA male cable into an adapter attached directly to the connector.

This.

I ordered custom from markertek a 1m 75ohm cable with a right angle BNC to RCA specifically for patchers and also for transfering from DAT to the SD722.    I tried those BNC adapters from radio shack and I had drop outs with both of them so I decided a real cable was worth the money.

I haven't had a single patcher since I started carring that cable.

Thanks,  that's kind of the way I was leaning.  It's funny you mention makertek as my whole thought process started when poking around that site yesterday and coming across the BNC>RCA adapters there.

Is there a preferred brand of cable that you had them use?
Neumann SKM 184's; Busman BSC1's K1/K2/K3/K4
V3
SD722; R44

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 02:56:37 PM »
75ohm coaxial canare .  the sheath is labeled "506" and "LV-61S", I don't know which is the model.  I just asked for 75ohm canare and thats what she sent.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com