Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Changing microdot to 1/8'' in DPA 4060  (Read 3636 times)

Offline lordbelial

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Barcelona got tapers!
Changing microdot to 1/8'' in DPA 4060
« on: May 04, 2006, 05:37:03 AM »
Hi!

I've a request from a friend who wants his microdots terminal to be removed from his DPA 4060 and then changed into a 1/8'' neutrik right angle.

My question is simple,

had they something different, special or something that could cause me troubles changing the terminals? I mean very thin wire, or something... I don't have any DPA so I cannot check how is the wire...

If you've experience or feedback in these, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks!
Actual Gear:

stealth  - AT943 (c,o,sc,h) > ST-9100 > Edirol R09HR/I-River IHP-116(CFMod)
Ultrastealth  - DPA 4061 > ST-9100 > Edirol R09HR/I-River IHP-116(CFMod)
Open - BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Segue Dogstars > Marantz PMD671 busman t-mod

Playback: PC > M-Audio Fast Track Pro > KRK RP6 actives

My shows on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/tapemaniac
Member of  Busman Audio team

Offline cybermansrev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Changing microdot to 1/8'' in DPA 4060
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 07:18:12 AM »
I mean very thin wire, or something...

Yes very thin and fiddley you might be better using conductive epoxy rather than solder.

I've a request from a friend who wants his microdots terminal to be removed from his DPA 4060 and then changed into a 1/8'' neutrik right angle.

Another option is to  leave the microdots on and buy 2x DAO6005  Miniature Microphone Extension Cable, 3.5 m (11.5 ft) (current uk price £60), then cut this up to make a removable 1/8" adaptor. I've done this so I can use my dpa's with microdots or 1/8", plus I modded the cables with mini XLR's so that I can also use the 11.5' cable when required.

(PS Did you get your Samson PM4's in Europe if so could you pm me with the website.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 07:20:48 AM by cybermansrev »

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 08:52:21 AM »
Another option is to  leave the microdots on and buy 2x DAO6005  Miniature Microphone Extension Cable, 3.5 m (11.5 ft) (current uk price £60), then cut this up to make a removable 1/8" adaptor. I've done this so I can use my dpa's with microdots or 1/8", plus I modded the cables with mini XLR's so that I can also use the 11.5' cable when required.

I think this is a great suggestion.  I personally wouldn't cut the microdots from the mics.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 12:30:46 AM »
And conductive epoxy is very expensive and not as reliable as one might think for making a connection to a small wire. I would have to agree with everyone else I would leave them on. There are so many after market adaptors to adapt that connector to anything including 3.5 mm but you would have to use two 3.5 mm inputs for your mics.

Hi!

My question is simple,

had they something different, special or something that could cause me troubles changing the terminals? I mean very thin wire, or something... I don't have any DPA so I cannot check how is the wire...

If you've experience or feedback in these, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks!
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com