Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Oade mod SBM-1 goes BOOOOOMMMM!!??  (Read 6512 times)

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
Re: Oade mod SBM-1 goes BOOOOOMMMM!!??
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2004, 12:25:10 PM »
Missed the chance to get Tab Benoit the other night.

Doug and Ben at the shop said to send it on in.  It went out yesterday.  I will keep you all posted to what happened and if it got repaired. 

ANDY

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2004, 12:38:33 PM »
wondering if there is an internal fuse that may have blown.

i recently had my sony rmr-d3 remote commander that one stay wouldnt power up...and its ac powered. took it to paul at pro-digital and he said a fuse blew. he replaced it and all works well. he even gave me the blown fuse with my reciept. 

yes...keep us posted
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2004, 07:16:01 PM »
DC to DC power converter blew.  It was $150 to repair all up including shipping back to me.  I am talking to Doug about changing the flavor of the mod.  Any suggestions?  He says most of his mods are Wmods for the SBM but can do a P or T mod as well.  He mentioned also tweaking the mic-pre stage (it already has a mod'd mic-pre stage). 

ANDY

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2004, 04:09:36 AM »
DC to DC power converter blew.  It was $150 to repair all up including shipping back to me.  I am talking to Doug about changing the flavor of the mod.  Any suggestions?  He says most of his mods are Wmods for the SBM but can do a P or T mod as well.  He mentioned also tweaking the mic-pre stage (it already has a mod'd mic-pre stage). 

ANDY

I've run the T-Mod for 4 shows now after having a P-Mod for ~ 3 years and it's doing what Doug described it would do. Basically, he said it would have a faster chip which would have provide the "transparency". My main combo for stealth - 4022>sx-m2 was giving sometimes muddy results in bad sounding arenas and I think the T-Mod has improved that situation in the one bad sounding arena I taped of the 4 shows so far.

marc0789

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2004, 04:04:41 PM »
nice to know.  I am about to get mine modded and I'm having a difficult time choosing which to to get, it was so much more simple for dumbasses like me when there was only 1 ;)

with 41's I'd say warm.

yep, liked it better when the only choice was "mod", which I think was pretty much warm.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com