Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: need some advice to adjust my equipment  (Read 6119 times)

Offline DATBoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: need some advice to adjust my equipment
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 10:18:22 PM »
I just purchased this for my Olympus LS-P2. https://www.kvconnection.com/product-p/km-ad-trsm-a32.htm

That should lower the input, reducing sensitivity of the mic-input to something more like a line-input.

I'm wondering if using this cable will turn stuff intended for line inputs for the mic input, like battery boxes. I say this because every time I put my battery box in the LS-P2 mic input, it suddenly sees it as a plug in power device and there seems to be no way to turn that off. [/quote]

There should be a switch in a menu somewhere to turn PIP on/off.  Regardless it should not effect the recording if PIP is left on and you plug in a battery box.
[/quote]

I have checked everywhere inside the menu of this recorder and no, there is no option that allows you to turn off plug in power.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: need some advice to adjust my equipment
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 08:45:46 AM »
The battery box has capacitors in the signal path past the battery which block the DC provided by the battery box to power the mics.  Those same capacitors also block the PIP DC provided by the recorder from reaching the battery or microphones.  Shouldn't really matter if you can't find a way to turn it off.

What may matter is the impedance of the attenuation cable and how that interacts with the output impedance of the microphones through the batterybox.  Depends on the particulars of both the cable and the microphones, but in some cases could create a filter which produces an unflat response.  Listen for a change in high frequency response when using the cable. That's less likely to be an issue if using that attenuation cable with a preamp or soundboard input.  Someone more electrically astute will have to explain this in detail, as it is reaching the limits of my electronics explanation comfort zone.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com