Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Jolida 102b as a headphone amp with B.O.B. Can Opener  (Read 2075 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Jolida 102b as a headphone amp with B.O.B. Can Opener
« on: August 17, 2013, 09:44:01 PM »
So, I bought a Can Opener, AKA, brake out box and have been using it with my Jolida 102b, along with my AKG Q 701's and I have really been groovin on it. The Jolida with the B.O.B. really works well and is giving me sound that I have been wanting for sometime. My Matrix M-stage with the OP627 was great, a real mastering tool. The bass was deep and well defined but from the mids up I preferred the Jolida with the B.O.B. It was a sound that I can listen to for hours......it sound is continuous with organic timbres. A great way to go to power headphones.

I really wanted to keep both but had to choose so I let the Matrix go. The Matrix played from a pitch back background, not that the Jolida is noisy, really at idle you hear very, very little........it just that the Matrix goes from nothing to sonic explosion. The Jolida Can Opener has a bit of grain to start with but is over all wonderful sounding. Also, by keeping the Jolida I have a nice tube integrated that can be used in another system in the future.

So, I highly recommend buy the Can Opener or building your own B.O.B. and using it with your amp. You might not need to buy a dedicated headphone amp. Hell, get a B.O.B. and pair it with a tube amp like I did and you might be happy for a long time. 

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: Jolida 102b as a headphone amp with B.O.B. Can Opener
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 11:25:04 PM »
Nice...  another thread I didn't need to read... I see a can opener in my future.  Is there a 12 step group for those of us addicted to audio?
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com