Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Steady white noise from component until it plays  (Read 2565 times)

Offline mopar383sc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Steady white noise from component until it plays
« on: May 27, 2018, 07:21:09 PM »
The only component I own that will flawlessly play music CD-RWs is, surprisingly, my Pioneer 520H DVD player/recorder. I just hooked it up to the AUX input of my stereo system. If my system is on and I select AUX and then turn on the Pioneer, I'm flooded with very loud white noise. The only way the white noise entirely disappears is to press PLAY on the Pioneer and have the music begin. If I press STOP, to end the disc, the gushing white noise returns (PAUSE does not do this). The white noise is not hidden behind the music. It doesn't exist at all when playing or pausing. It's only there the first 10 seconds after turning  the Pioneer on as it loads to play the disc. Or if playing a disc, I press STOP, then it returns in full force. Sounds like the circuits are jumping in and out depending upon the mode. I find this unusual and also very annoying. Is there a remedy?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 07:23:10 PM by mopar383sc »

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
Re: Steady white noise from component until it plays
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 02:25:33 PM »
sounds to me like a bad cable  or bad input.  try changing the cables and the inputs to narrow the issue down. 
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline mopar383sc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Steady white noise from component until it plays
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 01:27:46 AM »
sounds to me like a bad cable  or bad input.  try changing the cables and the inputs to narrow the issue down.

Checked both. Still the same. Don't have the same problem with my Sony DVD player which also plays music CD-RWs.
Might be the way the Pioneer was designed?
Thanks!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com