Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MME battery power  (Read 3941 times)

Offline bagtagsell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
MME battery power
« on: November 16, 2004, 09:57:03 PM »
I've been doing some digging around these boards looking for some help powering my mini-me.  I read caymanreview's posts...but I'm not getting it.  I would love to power it with 9.6v RCA batteries.  I have two from my UA-5.  What would I need to do to get this to work?  Is there a RS adapt plug that would fit it?
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re: MME battery power
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 06:58:41 AM »
umm. im pretty sure my mme just came with a 4pin > power cable for the mme. might have been a hacked wal wart with a 4pin attached as i didnt have a wal wart for it

if you have any power cable for it at all, then you can hack it if you would like. or wyou could buy a mme power cable from alot of the taper related retailers

go to rat shack, but a set of the rc type plugs (you will get one male and one female) solder it onto the power cable (whichever one fits the battery correctly, i cant remember if the bat end is female or male) and you will be set to go

feel free to pm me, powering the mme with rc packs or the wal-mart l-ion pack is the only way to go

at this time i would siggest the wal-mart l-ion pack

Offline rustoleum

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 08:41:12 AM »
I believe the correct RS adaptaplug is the same one for the UA-5 (I followed the directions someone had on the web for making a 9/6v RC battery pack for the UA5 and didn't need to stray far from them for the MME... I'm sure this page is linked on here somewhere).  If you powered the UA5 with the RC packs then you are just about good to go.  One thing I would check, though:  I believe the polarity on the MME is different from the UA5.  Double check that and then switch around the adaptaplug as necessary to match it up correctly.  The 9.6v packs are so much lighter and easier to fit in a gear bag than a big SLA - I say it's the only way to go.  Been powering mine with these packs for about 18 months without incident.  Good luck!
Rusty

Edit:  Here is where the directions I followed used to live but the site seems to be down now:  http://www.jordanshapiro.net/ua5.htm

I probably have them in a paper form somewhere so if you have trouble finding the appropriate info let me know and I can probably find a moment to track them down and scan them in.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 08:44:15 AM by rustoleum »

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 08:44:40 AM »
mme and ua5 are opposite polarity

the mme is the same polarity as 98% of all electronics, the ua5 is a opposite

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 09:41:10 AM »

Yes, remember this - don't make it go BOOM!!

MMe and 99% of other devices:  Tip (+), Ring (-)
UA-5:  Tip (-), Ring (+)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 11:31:50 AM »
I believe the correct RS adaptaplug is the same one for the UA-5 (I followed the directions someone had on the web for making a 9/6v RC battery pack for the UA5 and didn't need to stray far from them for the MME... I'm sure this page is linked on here somewhere).  If you powered the UA5 with the RC packs then you are just about good to go.  One thing I would check, though:  I believe the polarity on the MME is different from the UA5.  Double check that and then switch around the adaptaplug as necessary to match it up correctly.  The 9.6v packs are so much lighter and easier to fit in a gear bag than a big SLA - I say it's the only way to go.  Been powering mine with these packs for about 18 months without incident.  Good luck!
Rusty

Edit:  Here is where the directions I followed used to live but the site seems to be down now:  http://www.jordanshapiro.net/ua5.htm

I probably have them in a paper form somewhere so if you have trouble finding the appropriate info let me know and I can probably find a moment to track them down and scan them in.

Link no worky...
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 08:36:04 AM »

Yes, remember this - don't make it go BOOM!!

MMe and 99% of other devices:  Tip (+), Ring (-)
UA-5:  Tip (-), Ring (+)

PITA too.  DCP-80 adapter for the Sony D-10 Pro is like this, frikkin reverse polarity.

Picked up one of them Wally-World Lithium's to run the V3.  Looks pretty sweet (for single-band shows).  Between thhar and the run-time on dual-internal-lithiums on the JB3, I'm gonna start "getting the lead out" and leaving the SLA's at home (or at least in the CAR).

Gear checking for Tuna and CodeTalkers this weekend at the Riverwalk Blues Festival.  Number of other interesting non-taper-friendly acts - I'm only going to roll/shoot Tuna & Bruce, so I'm hoping I don't get hassled trying to get my rigs in.  I usually work this festival, but have passed on it the last couple of years...

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 08:46:17 AM »
ive taped a bnad that was 1hr and moe's 2 sets of 1hr and 1.5 hrs with the l-ion pack w/out any problems, still had 2 bars left i believe

im going to be picking up another one anyways, just to have

at this point i havent used a sla in over 6 months, and i love it!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com