Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Which headphones would you buy?  (Read 21148 times)

Offline cfbarlow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I can See Audio
Re:Which headphones would you buy?
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2004, 01:17:34 PM »
Just picked up the Shure E3's, And finally my commute to work is not marred by the din of the Chicago Subway.  What was once loud train sounds compleatly disturbing some of my best live shizz, is now filled with musical bliss.  I should have bought these along time ago.  They sound great, litterally hearing new stuff today on very familiar recordings, while elliminating the rabble that floods the "L"

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2004, 06:06:27 PM »
saying the V6 series of Sony’s are a studio standard is like saying AuraTone speakers are studio standards or NS10 Yamaha’s...don't make me laugh…just cause studios use ‘em doesn’t make them standards, it just makes them tools...

No, it makes them a standard device because many studio's use them, it doesn't mean they are perfect.  I haven't seen any live broadcasts (like Howard Stern on E!) or anything else where i saw the Ultrasone which i'm sure are a fine can, but the V6/7506 has been used in studio's for years, hence...they are a standard headphone in a studio.
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »
Just picked up the Shure E3's, And finally my commute to work is not marred by the din of the Chicago Subway.  What was once loud train sounds compleatly disturbing some of my best live shizz, is now filled with musical bliss.  I should have bought these along time ago.  They sound great, litterally hearing new stuff today on very familiar recordings, while elliminating the rabble that floods the "L"

have you heard the etymotics 4p? Also, has anyone used the shure e5s?
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com