Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: i need cordioid mic with sony m10  (Read 3053 times)

Offline zoo440

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
i need cordioid mic with sony m10
« on: May 29, 2016, 06:33:43 AM »
i’m a beginner for live recording with my sony m10, i’ve recently heard of radiohead bootlegs ,tour for a moon shaped pool album, recorded with sp-cmc-8 (at943) mic ,sp-spsb11 battery power combination ,which was sound really excellent the same as live cd quality  but sp-cmc-8 is too expencive, is there anyone that recommend me cordioid mic under 100-200 dallar for excellent sound quality ? i don’t want an expenssive professional gear but i eager to get great sound from rock music live concert with sony m10 for my own live cd collection in my room, welcome your various advise

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
Re: i need cordioid mic with sony m10
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 10:48:51 AM »
1) You get what you pay for.

2) Most of your questions aren't new. Browse around this site for a while, and you'll get lots of answers.
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 10:55:50 AM »
No need to get mics now if you only have 100-200. Put that $200 in a sock and save up another $200.

Yes you might have to record a few more shows on the M10 internals, but that is part of recording shows. Don't jump in to early or you'll just be throwing money away.

The sp-cmc-8 are great mics. You will be happy when you save up the money and make equally good recordings to the one you heard.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 11:28:02 AM »
There are some slightly cheaper options that are also good: Church Audio CA-11 and CA-14 cards, for one — though Church is way backlogged (see the long thread on this), so you'd need to pick them up secondhand. Or the SP-CMC-4Us (AT853s) are excellent:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-CMC-4U

Either way, though, if you're recording more than moderately loud music, you're going to want a battery box as well, which will add another $70-80. You could wait on that, but be prepared for the occasional distorted recording when the sound levels overwhelm what the M10's plug-in power can drive the mics to accommodate.

Offline mepaca

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
  • taperssection member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 08:53:13 PM »
Get something like this. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/761016-REG/Audio_Technica_AT2022_AT2022_X_Y_Stereo_Microphone.html
It plugs right into your m10. Start taping. Never look back. Remember a lesser mic in a good location is better than a really good mic in a bad location.

backwhereubelong

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 10:24:33 PM »
Get something like this. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/761016-REG/Audio_Technica_AT2022_AT2022_X_Y_Stereo_Microphone.html
It plugs right into your m10. Start taping. Never look back. Remember a lesser mic in a good location is better than a really good mic in a bad location.

I don't see any stealth recording by using that mic. I know people hate that term, but it is what it is and if he's recording bands like Radiohead then he is wanting something stealth.

Offline HealthCov Chris

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • InsideOut Recording & Promotions
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 11:27:33 PM »

Love your attitude!  I started with a cassette deck and rca cables following Leftover Salmon through the Colorado 20 years ago. Still enjoying the journey of upgrading and experimenting.  I found Studio Projects C4s with multiple caps for $100 a couple of years ago.  And CA-14 with Ugly pre-amp fro about that.  Jump in and have fun.  And post.

LMA: https://archive.org/details/@corfit
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/insideoutrecording
Mics: AKG ck61/ck63 (nBob actives, Naiant PFA) | AKG 568 | CA-14 omni | Studio Projects B3
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6 | Zoom F3 | Roland R-07
Camera: GoPro Hero 4 Silver

Offline Perry

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 02:17:55 PM »
There's a photo around here depicting an AT2022 lying in the depression at the top of a cowboy hat, covered by a bandana. I thought it was pretty slick, gave the taper a few inches on the crowd too.
"It hurts to lean back in handcuffs..."
^^~~~~~~~Todd Snider~~~~~~~^^

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com