Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam HD-P2 Compatable CF Cards  (Read 28817 times)

Offline smokydays

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
Re: Tascam HD-P2 Compatable CF Cards
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2007, 11:48:19 AM »
I know this has probably been posted somewhere before, but have you considered a solution like this?

http://www.shoey.com/blog/index.php/2006/11/tascam-hd-p2-rechargable-battery-system/
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."
-- About To Rage, Gov't Mule

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2007, 12:04:01 PM »
I know this has probably been posted somewhere before, but have you considered a solution like this?

http://www.shoey.com/blog/index.php/2006/11/tascam-hd-p2-rechargable-battery-system/

Now thats interesting,  T+
But Like I said earlier I am anal retentive and want the actual tip.  Its all good, but thanks for the info. I might just end up caving in and trying one of the tips that seems to be working for others.  I just want to see how much a power supply is first.  To me it might be worth hacking a new one for a spec'd tip.  OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2007, 12:31:35 PM »
Alrighty- I bought a new 8gb card. It works fine in my HD-P2. It is a Kingston Elite 45x 8gb card. It was $85.00 from amazon.com. i just tested my microcrapper with the 12gb card. It reads it, and recorded fine until it was full. That is now my backup card. I never have to worry about it running out. I have two 4gb cards and one 8gb card for the HD-P2. I guess the 12gb card will just be used as a backup card, until or if they ever fix it.

Pretty sad my microcrapper can handle the card and my HD-P2 can't.
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • lost cause
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2007, 01:20:44 PM »
Pretty sad my microcrapper can handle the card and my HD-P2 can't.
no doubt... there is only what 500$ difference between the two?
Either going to sell my card and buy 2 8 gbs or upgrade to another bitbucket.
Really don't feel like going backwards though and getting rid of the 16gb card.
Things are going to be slowing down for me coming into winter so I'm just going to wait and see for now I guess.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2007, 08:51:05 PM »

this has got to fixable by firmware.

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline smokydays

• Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2007, 10:29:21 PM »
Just a thought, but I wonder if Doug Oade would have more luck with their customer service than we have had.  I'm sure he would have some clout being an authorized Tascam dealer right? 
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2007, 11:32:19 PM »
Just a thought, but I wonder if Doug Oade would have more luck with their customer service than we have had.  I'm sure he would have some clout being an authorized Tascam dealer right? 

i was thinking the exact same thing.

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline Dutchman1101

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2007, 04:31:14 PM »
I sent Doug an e-mail today regarding this problem. I'll let you guys know what he says.

Harrison

Offline smokydays

• Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2007, 09:02:49 AM »
Just wondering if there was any more word on the 8GB issue?
Still Missing Woody...

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2007, 11:14:46 AM »

it's not looking good.  I got this response from Tascam last week:

Jason,

It has been confirmed with the Engineering Department that the maximum CF card that can be used with the HD-P2 is 8GB. It has also been confirmed that this maximum capacity limit cannot be extended with by a firmware update.

Thank you for your interest in TASCAM products.

I've written them a couple times in repsonse to that.  mostly because I think it's a bunch of BS that the issue cannot be resolved with a firmware update.  But I'm losing hope that Tascam actually cares enough about the issue to fix it.  Logically, it makes absolutely no sense why there is a hard limit.  in the HD-P2, all stoarge volumes over 2GB are formatted at FAT32, so why should it make any difference if the storage volume is 4 GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB?   the answer, it shouldn't make any difference, and Tascam is being lazy because they don't care about the issue.

So, while my hope is fading, I'm still emailing them, and I think as many people as possible should be emailing them as well.  the more people who contact them, the more they might get the point that that shouldn't just ignore this issue.

Offline Dutchman1101

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2007, 11:27:10 AM »

Jason,

It has been confirmed with the Engineering Department that the maximum CF card that can be used with the HD-P2 is 8GB. It has also been confirmed that this maximum capacity limit cannot be extended with by a firmware update.

I've written them a couple times in repsonse to that.  mostly because I think it's a bunch of BS that the issue cannot be resolved with a firmware update.  But I'm losing hope that Tascam actually cares enough about the issue to fix it.  Logically, it makes absolutely no sense why there is a hard limit.  in the HD-P2, all stoarge volumes over 2GB are formatted at FAT32, so why should it make any difference if the storage volume is 4 GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB?   the answer, it shouldn't make any difference, and Tascam is being lazy because they don't care about the issue.

So, while my hope is fading, I'm still emailing them, and I think as many people as possible should be emailing them as well.  the more people who contact them, the more they might get the point that that shouldn't just ignore this issue.

What is the best e-mail addy to send this issue to?

I'll follow up to see if Mr. Oade has heard anything.

Harrison

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2007, 11:59:42 AM »
What is the best e-mail addy to send this issue to?

I'll follow up to see if Mr. Oade has heard anything.

Harrison

I've just been using "CustSer@teac.com", ever since I realized that Mr. Faison was never going to answer the phone or return my calls (I spoke with Neil Faison just once, and he said that they'd get back to.  after 5 or 6 voicemails spread out over the course of 2 months or so, I gave up trying to get back in touch with him.  He's the tech support manager at Tascam, FWIW).

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • lost cause
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2007, 12:38:59 PM »

Jason,

that's just lovely to hear all of this..
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline Dutchman1101

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2007, 12:56:20 PM »
This is the e-mail I sent to Doug. I used some of your verbiage Jason because your points hit the nail right on the head.

Doug,

I was just wondering if you have heard anything from Tascam regarding this problem? I guess they keep giving answers like this to people:

"It has been confirmed with the Engineering Department that the maximum CF card that can be used with the HD-P2 is 8GB. It has also been confirmed that this maximum capacity limit cannot be extended with by a firmware update."

Logically, it makes absolutely no sense why there is a hard limit.  In the HD-P2, all storage volumes over 2GB are formatted at FAT32, so why should it make any difference if the storage volume is 4 GB, 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB?   The answer, it shouldn't make any difference, and Tascam is being lazy because they don't care about the issue.

Any help would be much appreciated Doug. I know you’re a super busy guy but if you could help in anyway I know a lot of people would be very happy.

Thanks!

Harrison

Hopefully he will get some better answers then they have been giving us ::)

Offline Dutchman1101

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2007, 02:35:41 PM »
Here is the response I just got from Doug:

Hi !
They tell me it is the amount of memory the P2 has been designed to address. It takes not only software ( in this case firmware) but also a hardware subsystem with the needed address lines to reach over 8 gig. They say the hardware support is not available. This is like FAT 16s file size limitations, a result of inadequate addressing.
I hope this helps...Doug

This whole situation seriously makes me want to go to a 722. How the fuck could they not have thought of this ::)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.094 seconds with 45 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com