Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 input woes  (Read 114490 times)

Offline guysonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
Re: Edirol R-09 input woes
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2007, 06:18:16 AM »
well, I made it:  a year with a straight cable. And, just this weekend, built a right angle input cable.

Thanks for posting the good news!!!  :spin:

R-09 reliability reports seems excellent, sans the input jacks that started breaking immediately.   

Wonder if credit for the one years worth of trouble-free use is having Roland's flexible grey (or maybe better adhesive) under those plastic jacks?  :hmmm:   
Hard to figure as it seems the Flex-grey glue fix appeared not quite a year ago, and maybe 3-4 months into recently manufactured decks to likely have transparent instant glued down jacks.

I'd like to think more than exceptionally ginger handling and charmed luck is at cause
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2007, 08:38:22 AM »
my R09 is back from UK-service.
took about 10 days from austria=>UK(service center)=>austria.
I´ll pick it up in a few hours.
it has a NEW MAINBOARD now, so I can´t really tell IF the jacks got loose and caused the failure.
all on warranty as it´s only 3 month old.
;)
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline pool

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2007, 09:16:05 AM »
i use right angle jack on line in with female 3.5 mm barrel. i also built this guard to protect the jack from bumps.
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,82987.msg1101528.html#msg1101528

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2007, 01:15:23 PM »
 >:D
same fault AGAIN with the "serviced" unit after I plugged in my right-angle plug into mic-in.........

Offline simon151

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2007, 10:46:22 PM »
So about 2 weeks ago my r-09 line-in fails mid show. Fine one minute then no left channel all the sudden, sitting on the table with nothing around. So I dig up my invoice to take for service and notice, lucky me, I have been the proud owner of a r-09 for 1year and two days! I decide that I will use the mic-in for a couple little shows I have coming up at which point I now notice that it has completly shit the bed. The two top switches on the back (auto gain control and ext mic) have become loose? and seem to change on their own accord.
I dropped it off at roland service yesterday...now waiting for the $40 "estimate" hmmm...whats a new one go for these days?  >:(

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2007, 12:37:36 AM »
I am just over one year w/my R-09 and have had no problems.  Used mostly the line-in jack, and usually with either a RA cable or RA adapter. 

So who is doing resolder work on these out-of-warranty decks?

I may open mine up soon to check it out/do some strengthening work on the jacks just to be safe.

Offline blindowl

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2007, 05:16:09 PM »
My mic input has developed the "no left channel" problem.  My unit is well past the warranty period.  Does anyone know what Edirol charges to repair out-of-warranty units with this problem?  And how do I go about getting it fixed?

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #202 on: September 27, 2007, 03:36:47 AM »
same fault AGAIN with the "serviced" unit after I plugged in my right-angle plug into mic-in.........
just got a call from my local retailer.
after 2nd mic-in jack failure within several hours after 1st service, i´ll get a NEW edirol-r09.
seems they can´t fix the problem with the full(or NO-gain)-right-channel-problem.
not sure wether i should keep or sell it immediately.....?! I don´t trust edirol anymore....always treated the inputs carefully as i knew about the input problems...

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
« Reply #203 on: September 27, 2007, 06:43:40 AM »
after 2nd mic-in jack failure within several hours after 1st service, i´ll get a NEW edirol-r09.
seems they can´t fix the problem with the full(or NO-gain)-right-channel-problem.
not sure wether i should keep or sell it immediately.....?! I don´t trust edirol anymore....always treated the inputs carefully as i knew about the input problems...

I might be a certified 'NEWLY MADE' R-09 IS FAULTLESS!?!  :-\

Having already paid the price of admission for having a R-09, maybe this is NOT the time to bail out. :(

:thinking:  Consider Roland's position after nearly a year's worth of broken input jacks flooding the service departments worldwide, they are still making this deck, and newly made models have got to be better than in the past.   :clapping:

Suggest keeping until it breaks OR NOT.:whipped:
You now have the best chance for satisfaction with a most recent version.  :yahoo:

If jacks are now solid, it's a really nicely made/easy operating deck that seems most reliable in all other ways. No other like it for sure.  :wink2:

Please keep us posted  8)
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #204 on: September 27, 2007, 06:53:04 AM »

I might be a certified 'NEWLY MADE' R-09 IS FAULTLESS!?!  :-\

Having already paid the price of admission for having a R-09, maybe this is NOT the time to bail out. :(

:thinking:  Consider Roland's position after nearly a year's worth of broken input jacks flooding the service departments worldwide, they are still making this deck, and newly made models have got to be better than in the past.   :clapping:

Suggest keeping until it breaks OR NOT.:whipped:
You now have the best chance for satisfaction with a most recent version.  :yahoo:

If jacks are now solid, it's a really nicely made/easy operating deck that seems most reliable in all other ways. No other like it for sure.  :wink2:

Please keep us posted  8)
you know my faulty r09 was the red one from June 2007..a new-model only 2 month old.
that´s why I´m suspicious.

edit: the r09 deserves a 2nd chance...if the new one breaks again I´m done with the r09 ;).

« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:44:10 AM by Arni99 »

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #205 on: September 27, 2007, 12:02:11 PM »
edit: the r09 deserves a 2nd chance...if the new one breaks again I´m done with the r09 ;).

Question is, what is the alternative for a good 24/48 small stealth deck??? 

The similar decks out there are all less than 48 or internal batteries and not good for stealthing

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2007, 03:57:20 PM »
HA, can´t believe it, same problem again with the new R09 after taping 1 show on line-in which worked flawlessly.
today i tried the mic-in.
plugin power ON:
with AGC ON it works correctly.
AGC-OFF=>left channel ok, right channel levelmeter clipping and always 100% on. playback shows only left channel was being recorded.
LOW-CUT OFF: right channel has no signal according to the levelmeters.

my mics work fine on my iriver h120 and my sony mz-rh1.

Goodbye Edirol... ;D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 04:11:56 PM by Arni99 »

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2007, 05:44:33 PM »
HA, can´t believe it, same problem again with the new R09 after taping 1 show on line-in which worked flawlessly.
today i tried the mic-in.
plugin power ON:
with AGC ON it works correctly.
AGC-OFF=>left channel ok, right channel levelmeter clipping and always 100% on. playback shows only left channel was being recorded.
LOW-CUT OFF: right channel has no signal according to the levelmeters.

my mics work fine on my iriver h120 and my sony mz-rh1.

Goodbye Edirol... ;D

:really_sucks: Agree the jacks should hold up same as other decks have for you,  :angry3: but VERY CURIOUS to how your right-angle hardware looks.   :hmmm:

:help:  Could you please post a decent picture showing the R-09 with your input hardware connected as you've been using it?   :jawdrop:

:whipped:  Seems to me your connectors are maybe extra hard on jacks for maybe being too large, at least under the circumstances.  :instagib:

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2007, 02:58:30 AM »

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2007, 03:03:10 AM »
Here what my plugs look like....standard soundprofessionals and microphonemadness plugs.
I always use(d) the right angle plug and never the straight-plug trying not to damage the mic-input.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 05:07:15 AM by Arni99 »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.115 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com