Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Software suggestions  (Read 10642 times)

Offline DiggerinVA

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Software suggestions
« on: March 31, 2010, 03:54:29 PM »
Ok I am a hardware type. So I am new to the flash recording stuff. I have not got my mind around what I can do. I understand CD Wave just fine, yea just splitting tracks. But I am looking for some thing I can match levels form two different sources, just two channels. And maybe balance between two channels. The reason is to mostly fix some problems with the master caused by battery problems and such. I believe the terms would be slice or patch. Keep it simple. Thank You!
Sony C38B's --> Lunatec V2-->PMD661
B-3's --> Tinybox 1.5 --> PCM-M10

Offline Albix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • ETREE trading list
Re: Software suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 02:00:48 AM »
I use WaveLab to do what you're describing but the other standard apps (Sound Forge, Audition, etc.) will do that too. Audacity is free and it might work for you as well...
Some recordings that I've edited and or mastered ~ https://archive.org/bookmarks/Albix

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
Some commonly used wave editors:

Windows

Mac

Linux

FWIW, I've used Audition, WaveLab, and Samplitude fairly extensively.  I found Audition the most intuitive (for me, for simple 2-ch editing), Samplitude by far the best workflow, and I didn't care at all for WaveLab.  There are fans of all of the above, just depends on which one suits each individual best.  Might as well start out with Audacity, since it's free, and see how you like it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:05:24 AM by Brian Skalinder »
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline DiggerinVA

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 04:38:06 PM »
Sounds like audacity will be a good start. I probably should take a look at what came with the Creative Labs sound card that I never looked at. I believe it is Audigy but it is a box I never use. Sounds like I have some work cut out for me. Thank You.
Sony C38B's --> Lunatec V2-->PMD661
B-3's --> Tinybox 1.5 --> PCM-M10

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 05:13:43 PM »
Audacity is quite easy and the price is right..
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 10:29:31 AM »
i have used http://goldwave.com/ ever since I started.  Easy program that accepts many plugins.  $40 for lifetime. 

I just recently got a mac, so, am looking for what you feel works easiest/best.
we all live downstream.

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 11:05:51 AM »

I use Amadeus and love it. Very easy to use, intuitive, lots of features ESP for it's low price, and you can easily add in VST and AU plugins. Plus you can track and split on sector boundaries and save to flac.   All you really need is Amadeus and xACT for batch re-naming and tagging.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 03:58:48 PM »

I use Amadeus and love it. Very easy to use, intuitive, lots of features ESP for it's low price, and you can easily add in VST and AU plugins. Plus you can track and split on sector boundaries and save to flac.   All you really need is Amadeus and xACT for batch re-naming and tagging.

For Mac I ♥ Audiofile Engineering's Wave Editor and of course xACT for md5 and ffp.

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/waveeditor/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:55:00 AM by DigiGal »
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline jbw

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 05:54:54 PM »
I record mostly sfx and do a lot of design so I am always in Pro Tools but for a stand alone wave editor I have been using Twisted Wave (Mac OS/$79.90), and I LOVE it.

The dev is super responsive to support requests (which is why I love dealing with smaller companies), he is also constantly striving to improve the quality of the product. The biggest benefit of this app (for me) is the batch utility. It can batch with VSTs and batch metadata (bwave, mp3, soundminer!). It is fairly straightforward. Just hoping for a better src algo soon.
Lots of Mics
Sound Devices 722

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 08:43:17 PM »
Thanks all, I DL'd both Audacity and Amadeus.  I'll give them a spin.  +T
we all live downstream.

marc0789

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 12:37:20 PM »
anyone know if you can get Audacity on disc? I've had bad luck downloading software, since I'm pretty much of a techtard. I was about to buy Nero Multimedia 10, but it got ripped so hard for difficulty of successful download/shitty customer service that I got spooked. Only 50 bucks, but I foresee hours of swearing and multiple near-strokes with Nero.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.112 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com