Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Looking for way to pull S-VHS signal out of HDMI  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Looking for way to pull S-VHS signal out of HDMI
« on: April 07, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »
Recently switched from standard sat. DISH box to an HD model, did not realize we would lose s-vhs output only has HDMI, RGB(yellow, blue, green) and RCA vid. outputs, we like to record into a stand alone hard drive/ dvd burner with PCM sound, only has s-vhs-RCA composite ins plus firewire for dvc (digital vid. camcorders), we record a lot of music off t.v., (late night musical guests, pbs, etc.), hate going from 450 lines to 200 or so, it also has RGB outputs,(red,green, blue) but a conversion off that to s-vhs maybe difficult but would be helpful, or any way to go from HDMI to firewire or s-vhs without imbedded sound?Recording even normal t.v. programing is being made very difficult by the powers that be, they are all in bed together for sure! I know that they don't want people to pirate copywritten material digitally but i'm actually degading the signal by going from 1080i to 450 and willing to just take the audio off the RCA's.Also prob. would buy a separate dvd recorder if RGB or (ha!)HDMI inputs were available.Prob. can find a program for our computer, but really would ike to keep this to stand alone units. The only other option I have is I have a pro pansonic S-vhs model that may have RGB inputs via a 24 pin input on back, believe I have the Pinout code, almost a last resort though. I realize we are all waiting for hi def dvd or blu- ray recorders here in the states, evid. they are available outside of U.S.By the way, does anyone know what compression (dolby?P.C.M.?) they (DISH)are sending audio out in?It's a shame as most of what we get are only played once or twice and then go in a vault none of us will ever see.
Melanie and Bob

Offline Chrisedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Looking for way to pull S-VHS signal out of HDMI
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 07:11:47 PM »
The resolution is the same on SVHS connectors as RCA jacks. The only difference is the separation of chrominance and luminance. The sharpness is the same.

Or
http://www.yallstore.com/7pin-svideo-to-3-rca-rgb-component-tv-hdtv-cable-p-35904.html
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:38:35 PM »
frrom what i've known in the past Standard single RCA video (yellow color) is about 200 lines of res. vs. 450 for s-vhs. The cable looks good but it says S-vhs TO RGB and I wonder if it works in both directions?
Melanie and Bob

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »
cable turned out to be a 7 pin s-vhs, usefull for laptop connection, but not for my use. Thanks for info though, Bob
Melanie and Bob

Offline phanophish

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • ImageLume Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 09:46:25 AM »
The big issue is HDMI is a digital signal where SVHS/Component is analog.  Your best bet is probably the VGA since it is analog as well, but I don't know that will do the conversion in a simple way.

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: What's this?
Elwood: What?
Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?
Elwood: The what?
Jake: The Cadillac we used to have. The Blues Mobile!
Elwood: I traded it.
Jake: You traded the Blues Mobile for this?
Elwood: No. For a microphone.
Jake: A microphone? Okay I can see that.

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 04:59:01 PM »
We evidently can't get into the signal easily but found a conversion box(Componant video (red, green, blue) to s-vhs which doesn't give us 1080i but gives us at least 450 lines of res. for recording to hard drive/dvd burner. Thanks for input, if anyone needs a unit like this ( $150) P.M.us and we'll forward link. Bob and Melanie
Melanie and Bob

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com