Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Speaker outs to RCA in - possible?  (Read 3541 times)

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
Speaker outs to RCA in - possible?
« on: January 22, 2007, 10:37:26 AM »
Ok, im looking to help a friend, and they were wanting to know if there is a way to run speaker cables out of their reciever into RCA in on another component.  Like this diagram below.  Is this possible the way it is described?  Can you see any inherint problems with it?

thanx

Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
Re: Speaker outs to RCA in - possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 10:44:09 AM »
What is the other component you want to put the rca's into and why would you.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 10:45:54 AM »
What is the other component you want to put the rca's into and why would you.

I'm guessing to have another pair of AUX or main outputs from the receiver.

I don't see why it wouldn't work but I've also never tried it.
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 10:52:14 AM »
well, i know NOTHING about her reciever.  She is moving into a new house, and doesnt have built in sourround wires in the wall.  She does NOT want to run wires around the room.  She bought some kinda wireless thingy to run her surround speakers.  she couldnt make it work, b/c it had RCA in's on the transmitter.  She asked if i would look at it.  Sure enough, i got it this weekend, and it does ONLY have rca ins for L/R on the transmitter.  The reciever has actual speaker wire outputs for each surround speaker.  Since it is at home, I dont know the manu/model of the unit.  I did hook it up straight from my dvd rca out and test it though, just to make sure the damn thing worked.  suprisingly, with my wireless router in the same room (same frequency) it still put out a pretty decent signal across about 15-18 feet of room.  I could hear some pops and clicks, but it was pretty infrequent, and it sounded alot better than i thought it would.  So now i am just trying to figure out if i can run the speaker outs (surrounds) from her reciever...into the rca's of the transmitter.
Auditory
it's magic 

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 11:35:52 AM »
Speaker output in NOT line-level, its been amped for playback thourgh speakers.  You may fry the line-in on your transmitter.

They do make a 12v car adapter to go from speaker-out on your car stereo to go into the line-in on an amplifier, but I'm not sure they make anything like that for home use.

I'd check radio shack...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline BJ

• They're baaack! ??
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 12:06:11 PM »
Speaker output in NOT line-level, its been amped for playback thourgh speakers.  You may fry the line-in on your transmitter.

They do make a 12v car adapter to go from speaker-out on your car stereo to go into the line-in on an amplifier, but I'm not sure they make anything like that for home use.

I'd check radio shack...

Terry

gotcha...thanx..thats the kind of information i was looking for.  +T's guys  I sent her a link to this, Transformer

i know she is trying to stay cheap...hopefully that will work.
Auditory
it's magic 

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 01:10:14 PM »
Perfect, that's exactly what you need...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 02:31:25 PM »
You can make attenuators to reduce the speaker level signal by around 20db to line level.  Stan Linkwitz has a diagram somewhere on his site on how to DIY some using a few resitors at www.linkwitzlab.com.  Not certain where I saw them on the site but he explains their use on a reciever without line-outs for driving the line-evel active x-overs of his speaker designs.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 06:46:42 PM »
does the reciever have a "record out" output?  a lot of them do...   That would prolly work going rca -> rca.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline JNT

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 09:41:41 PM »

I'd check radio shack...

Terry

gotcha...thanx..thats the kind of information i was looking for.  +T's guys  I sent her a link to this, Transformer

i know she is trying to stay cheap...hopefully that will work.
Partsexpres.com also sells those speaker to line level transformers.

Joe
Mostly retired from taping.

JW Mod AKG 460+CK61/CK1/CK2/CK63>V3>
or
AKG CK1x/CK2x/>MK46>JW MOD C460>V3>

AKG C34>

>R44

"Drinking will help us plan!"  Moe Szyslak

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com