Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: In Ear Headphones / Earbuds Re-shell / custom mold?  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
In Ear Headphones / Earbuds Re-shell / custom mold?
« on: December 20, 2017, 10:15:44 AM »
I have a pair of UE Super.fi 5 Pro that the cable jack/termination is damaged on one side. It got snagged and when I went to plug it back in I realized that the jack was still attached to the cable DOH!  :facepalm:

They've been in a drawer for a few years, but instead of tossing them I was thinking about having them put into custom molds. Has anyone in here had this done in the US? Online I saw a few different options in Australia, Europe and Singapore, but nothing that looked real promising stateside.

I know it's not cheap, but neither is a set of brand new drivers that I've never heard before, I was pretty happy with the UE drivers.

If anyone stateside has had this done and was satisfied, I'd like to hear about your experience. Otherwise I wouldn't mind hearing some feedback on other custom mold options that you've tried.  :headphones:
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: In Ear Headphones / Earbuds Re-shell / custom mold?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 12:23:14 PM »
I got a set of custom molds for my shure IEMs from sensaphonics.  Not sure if they make them for UEs, but have been happy with the product.  Had to go to ear/nose/throat doc to get impressions made then sent them off to sensaphonics.  Not cheap, but for what you get, reasonable.

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
Re: In Ear Headphones / Earbuds Re-shell / custom mold?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 01:36:00 PM »
https://www.inearz.com/reshell-models/

They list the specific model that I was looking to get reshelled.  I'm going to give InEarz a try, I had the molds done per their spec sheet already.  The price including the $50 for impressions seemed reasonable.  With impressions and the reshell the total will be about $60-$80 less than the ear buds were new.  I liked the sound, but fit with any of the tip options was never that great, swallow once and I'd have to re-adjust.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:42:55 PM by Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan »
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com