Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Gear Bags  (Read 21502 times)

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
Re:Gear Bags
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2003, 05:11:20 PM »
so far I have liked the rakgear bags the best also, you can jamm soo much stuff into them.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2003, 05:35:25 PM »
I have a Rakgear, the "Slam" model I believe (the only notebook rakgear they currently sell), and I would not call it roomy.  While the rack has room for three shelves, it only shipped with two, and the space between them is so tiny.  Are other people using different bags?  Anyone used the Rakgear Notebook Deluxe (they don't make it anymore, but I found a place that still sells them)?
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2003, 10:03:22 PM »
i went to the camera shop today with my entire rig and sized the lowepro nova 5, didn't work.  moved to the Commercial AW, played with it for about 30 min going through a bunch of configurations.  BIG bag, but will hold my entire rig
skm 184, v3, dap1, shock mounts, windscreens, t-bar, 12v eco, 2x6v eco, box of dats, and cables.   looking forward to just walking in w/one bag and my stick.  with the sonic, still need to carry another full bag with cables, tapes, etc.

found it on ebay @ photococan.  they have a huge amount of bags and half price of everyone else.

jr

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/proaw/comm.htm

« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 10:28:30 PM by John R »
we all live downstream.

rabhan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2003, 01:55:22 AM »
photococan is the shit! thats where i got my nova 5. yeah, there is no way you could fit all your gear into it. i can fit my v3, d8, 6v, and mics, and some other ramdom stuff, tapes, flashlights, paper, pens, etc. i ran it tonight for the 1st time for MMW/Moe. in Bham. it was soooo nice to have a <2min setup and teardown!!! lowepro rocks!!!

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2003, 10:43:23 AM »
I've been using my RAK PAK for a while now (my model is actually discontinued) and love it.  got the  P1> V2  on its own shelf Msbm sits on the P1 during recording...packs away nicely when traveling.  Batts (x2) on the bottom. Now that I put the M148 in place of the V2, the M148 is too fat to be on the shelf, so it sits on the bottom and the batts get the shelf),  140's in tupperware in the back and all kinds of shit in every pocket.  Then it goes on the back like a good turtle  ;D and I don't have to lug the pelican.
I'm looking for the either the Cairn or the next one larger for stealth usage. Want to have enough room for the V3 too be.  Got Dylan on mothers day...after all its in my "back yard" so I have to go. 8)

Any suggestions on a lumbar pak for 2x batts,140, m148, v3, worst case P1 but can use the D7?

peace
jah
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2003, 01:41:24 PM »
Well I was trying to decide btw the Mountainsmith Cairn and the MS Blaze.  I went w/ the Blaze hoping it would be big enough.  Best price I could find was $67.  Those other packs shown are good but for fob, having to wear it on the shoulder all night is too much., been there done that...going for the waist pak ;) vice shoulder breaker  :'(  somebody call a wambulance.
jah
modified akg 461/2/ck8

Tim

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2003, 02:19:04 PM »
the cairn has waist strap.

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2003, 02:29:03 PM »
the cairn has waist strap.

Ya I nkow, it was one of my choices but thought it may be too big ( that's what she said ;)).  If the Blaze doesn't cut it I'll traid it in for the cairn and spend the extra $$.
thanbks
jah
modified akg 461/2/ck8

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2003, 02:30:04 PM »
so much for spelling.......
modified akg 461/2/ck8

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2003, 08:34:36 AM »
ok....who's gonna be in charge of us getting a group chiropractor rate?!   ;)

dave
Fuck MSG!!!

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2003, 10:27:45 AM »
THat's the RAKPAK claim to fame is that it is approved by the Chiro's and it really does make a world of difference but can't really go up front w/ it...unless it's Bonnaroo or the like.    
speaking of Bonnaroo anyone have access to ak30's and not going or even going? See you there.
peace
jah
modified akg 461/2/ck8

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2003, 05:58:18 PM »
i use a pelican 1490 laptop case...fits my bigass sony vaio laptop and the usbpre next to it, mics and caps go under the usbpre, batts can go under the laptop....very nice for slimness and protection, the expensive gear all fits in one bombproof case.
then i also carry a dakine heli pro pack in with me, has all cables, the valence n-charge battery, shock mounts, flashlight, nugs, etc. and my stand strapped to it.
not all in one by any means, i suppose i'd need either a bigger bag or a smaller laptop to get any smaller.  unless i could fashion a bag of some sort to strap around the pelican briefcase, might work...

(edit)
oh yeah...i can run everything from the pelican, no prob.  just prop the laptop up on some extra foam i put in the case to allow ventilation (overheating/lack of ventilation was a primary cause of shutdown for me in the early days of laptop taping in this case)....prop the usbpre up on foam also to allow access to the controls from the side of the case, it's ready to go.  the backpack can sit on the side someplace.  oh yeah, i've also got a right angle usb adaptor, since the port is on the rear of the laptop, there's not rooms enough for an extra 1.5" that a standard usb plug uses, this one routes the cable directly up from the port and only uses about .5" so it can stay plugged in even while the laptop is fully  inserted in the foam.  that cable is run behind a custom piece of foam i put in the lid to protect the top of the gear, i can also stash notes/cd's/stickers in there too.  i will put up some pics very soon, look in the rig pics section!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 06:06:07 PM by Simp-Dawg »
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2003, 12:12:02 PM »
I know im a little late but I just got a Lowpro mini trekker (but its not that little)

Edit: I returned the mini trekker and got a lowepro commercial AW I also have 2 rakgear bags but I use the commercial AW the most
« Last Edit: December 24, 2003, 06:17:45 PM by Kevin »
481(3)>722

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2003, 11:46:26 PM »
lowepro nova 5

im another customer of photococan also

he is great

Offline K-dub

• Taperssection Newbie
  • What's up all you Hipster's!!!
    • funk
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2003, 12:19:23 PM »
cases4less.com has some real nice pelican cases the one i have is made for a labtop but i keep my M1 batt pack blanks and all my cables and have plenty of room. this case is excellent it locks and has a air release for flying. i think it was like $120
Bowman

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.137 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com