Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Potential future JB3 competition...  (Read 21610 times)

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • god-damned hippies!
Re:Potential future JB3 competition...
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2003, 11:22:25 AM »

Offline EkoostikMace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Holy Crap! Now that's a dragon!
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2003, 11:37:46 AM »
It's also on my sig along with the Trogdor game.
See Trogdor's birth HERE -:|:- Play the Trogdor game HERE

Offline mterry

• Trade Count: (10)
    • recordings
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2003, 03:11:16 PM »
too much fun, thanks +t
"That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable!"

"Then we played Davidson, and they wore us out. Davidson controlled us - other than Kentucky - as well as any team all year long"
- Bill Self on PTI (2/28/11)

DPA 2012 > Apogee Mini-Me > Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline EkoostikMace

• Taperssection Newbie
iRiver's Response...
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2003, 11:51:58 AM »
Oh well... looks like the American arm isn't any help. I wonder what the best way to press on for more information is? Any suggestions? ??? Here's their response:

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting iRiver America.

Unfortunately I do not have any information regarding the limit mark on the line in feature or if we will be offering a player with more hard drive space.

We will post more information regarding these issues on our website as it becomes available.

Best regards,

Raul Montes
Customer Service
Technical Support
iRiver America, Inc.
www.iriveramerica.com
1-800-399-1799

Offline EkoostikMace

• Taperssection Newbie
iRiver iHP-100
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2003, 09:53:12 AM »
 :D Thanks for that link. I'm not going through the User Forum and getting lots of input. Hopefully someone in there will know a bit more.

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
Re:iRiver's Response...
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2003, 10:41:59 AM »
Oh well... looks like the American arm isn't any help. I wonder what the best way to press on for more information is? Any suggestions? ??? Here's their response:

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting iRiver America.

Unfortunately I do not have any information regarding the limit mark on the line in feature or if we will be offering a player with more hard drive space.

Well, that's just horrible customer service. I can understand him not knowing if they're going to be offering bigger players in the future, but if you ask a question about an existing feature,  they'd damn well better know the answer. I'd ask the same question and see if you can get someone else to answer the email. "I don't know" should NOT be an acceptable answer - this bozo needs to check with engineering and GET an answer... :banging head:
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline Nick in Edinboro

• Wishes he was fishing right now...
  • Toshiba SD3690 > HK AR-20 > B&K ST-140 > Axiom M22
    • moepics.com - share your shots of moe.
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2003, 10:46:37 AM »
Heh.. believe me when I say creative's support isn't any better ;D

Thanks for the link to that review, it features some nice pics, and a semi-in depth review.. too bad he didn't test the optical in's and out's for bit perfectness
Oktava MC012's (dorseymod) > UA-5 (digmod) > JB3
http://braintuba.no-ip.com

Offline EkoostikMace

• Taperssection Newbie
Re:iRiver's Response...
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2003, 02:57:51 PM »
Well, that's just horrible customer service. I can understand him not knowing if they're going to be offering bigger players in the future, but if you ask a question about an existing feature,  they'd damn well better know the answer. I'd ask the same question and see if you can get someone else to answer the email. "I don't know" should NOT be an acceptable answer - this bozo needs to check with engineering and GET an answer... :banging head:

Well to be fair, that's just the distribution and sales arm for the Americas. They seem to have a fairly well supported forum on their international site (http://www.iriver.com/community/). I'm just now starting to root around in there. Hopefully it will be more fruitful.

I have found out that the largest drive currently available with the same specs and size is a 15gig drive. There are 20 and 40 gigers out there that are a bit thicker so perhaps a slightly larger unit is in the works...

-Kevin
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 02:58:23 PM by EkoostikMace »

Offline greenone

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2003, 03:34:04 PM »
I guess so, but the one of the best ways to lose a customer is to not even give him options. Even something as simple as "You may find the answer in our online forum" or "Here's the contact info for engineer XYZ" or "Here's a link to a more detailed manual" is better than "I don't have any information".

Ok, rant over. I'm hoping the Apple folks step up and make the iPod recording-capable...the latest rumors say that the hardware is there but the software isn't yet...
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings

Offline EkoostikMace

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2003, 01:34:48 PM »
Well, there have been some responses in the iRiver User Forum. If you're interested, here's the thread.

Offline EkoostikMace

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2003, 03:18:42 PM »
I actually bought the ihp today. I know it's expensive, but i am gambling that they fix the wav limit(or the bands i'm taping keep it short and sweet) and i think that everything else about the recorder seems excellent.

Well let us know what kind of luck you have with it. What's the rest of your setup?

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2003, 03:58:01 PM »
I will. I am actually just putting together a setup, and I hope to take it out for a test run in about 2 weeks.  I'm not new to trading shows, but i am new to taping so i might not be the best guinea pig but i'll do my best.  I'm getting some AT831's from SP, the SP battery box with bass roll-off, and I am trying to get ahold of a used AD-20.  I will be taping in medium sized clubs where stealth is a must.
Most of this i am getting based on the very helpful advice of people here, in the mic forum and elsewhere.  i still need to figure out all the cables i'll need and how to hook it all up, but I'm on the way.

one other thing - recording levels.  i'm not sure if i can adjust them on the fly using the IHP, should i get the level adjuster option on the battery box?

awesome news, i'll reply to your pm tonight!
no need for level adjusters when using the ad-20.

Offline greenone

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2003, 04:27:59 PM »
+T to guinea pigs!

Offline EkoostikMace

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2003, 09:59:13 AM »
sorry to be keeping this going all by myself...
i've been playing around with the iriver for a day now, so far so good.  i can set the recording format default to wav, so no need to worry about accidentally recording mp3.  recorded wavs save pretty fast, although i've only done some 20 minute tests, nothing too crazy.  
also, i'm about to upgrade the firmware, here's one of the upgrades:
 Optical Recording 48kHz  
- Record after automatic distinguish signal between 44.1kHz and 48kHz from Optical line out. (Sampling rate for recording can be set to 44.1kHz and 48kHz only.)  

Is that good?  I believe cds can only be burned at 44.1 so 48 recordings have to be resampled or something.

You'll see most DAT traders recording at 48kHz and SHNs from tapers are also usually at 48kHz. Yes it will be downsampled when creating an audio CD but I think the thinking is that you might as well get the quality as high as possible. Audio DVDs can possibly accept higher sampling? Anyone?

Keep up the work. If you record live or have the time to test it I'd really be interested in how ling it takes to stop a wav and then start another. Since the 795MB WAV limit would most likely end in the 80-90 minute area I'm wondering how long this "swap" should take.

FIRMWARE!!!!

-Kevin

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2003, 12:23:26 PM »
you've got the right idea, just set it up and record from any random source (mics in front of stereo, line out from stereo, etc) for as long as you can, see what happens when it gets to the limit...see how long it takes to stop/start a new recording, find out what the limit is as far as time goes, test battery life, etc.  best to do it with your whole rig so you also get practice setting up/tearing down, but will also work with just a line in to make sure it does record satisfactorily, ie. no pops/clicks, dropouts, etc.
keep us informed!  and good luck!
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.127 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com