Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So, anyone using the core-sound pda recorder yet?  (Read 10589 times)

Offline jjjewett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • brown trout
    • my website
Re:So, anyone using the core-sound pda recorder yet?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2003, 02:31:07 AM »
Ive put linux on my ipaq 3800 and used pdaudio recorder to successfully record 16 and 24 bit streams.  Right now I am having trouble getting the Addonics enclosure to work anywhere.  It crashes every computer I put it in.  So I havent tested the resultant wave files but they are there and sound ok (no pops, clicks, or audible dropouts).

The bugs in the ppc software are whats slowing this down.  The PDAudio software is incomplete now, but it does work.

John

Offline shmurg

• Taperssection Regular
  • TAPES FOREVER....
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2003, 01:26:00 PM »
Can you do a walk through to help me and others load the Lunix software (PDAUDIO) on our IPAQ's?  I personally cannot get it on the IPAQ either...I transfer the file (the untar zip) from PC(XP) using ymodem to the IPAQ with the familiar OS.  Then after transfer I try and untar the file on the IPAQ with the IPAQ terminal window and then I cannot find the program anywhere?  I find a lot of references to the file, but not the program?

You could help us all out if you can do a walk through for us.

THANKS,,

Eric

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2003, 10:38:42 AM »
Word from Len is that there is now 24/96 capability that he's tested. Can anyone else confirm field use on these things?

Also, how's the durability of the 1/8" SPDIF? Any dropouts or static with that connection? How's the battery life at 24/96 when you try it?

-Matt
Out of the game … for now?

Offline shmurg

• Taperssection Regular
  • TAPES FOREVER....
Here is a update...
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2003, 12:37:04 AM »
With the inroduction of the Witchita software 1.02 there are some cool things.  The only problem is getting them to work...I still cannot get a reliable 24/96 recording for a extended period of time.  Around 30min right now.  That is to a PC Card HD.  Using the Addonics Exdrive I have done a 2 GB 24/96 without problems.  The problem come when the software automatically makes a new file after 2GB, as in Wavelab.  The second file corrupts at about 6sec.

Using the PC CARD HD, the first file corrupts and the second is fine.  I have had a lot of problems trying 24/96 on the PC CARD...

Live24/96 seems to be working good.  I have made a 75min 24/96 file until I got an error.  

This stuff does do DAT quality fine.  I am still testing the 24/48 quality.  Hope things get worked out for the 24/96, but thus far not anything for an extended period of time.  You can do a 1 hour 24/96 recording, but that doesn't help most of us.

Still need a walk through to get the Lunix software loaded on my machine.  I got it all loaded and executed, but had no driver for the card?

shmurg   :headphones:

Online Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2003, 10:10:57 AM »
I loaded the latest Live2496 version and recorded Lotus on Friday night in 24/96.  So far it seems like it recorded successfully (although the meters didn't seem to be working correctly).  Good news.  I did start a new file manually about every hour and I evenually ran out of space on the 5GB pcmcia hard drive.  I'm planning on runing some controlled tests at home this week and will report back.

iPaq 3835 w/ dual pc card expansion pack
PDAudio-CF w/ pc>CF adaptor
Toshiba 5GB pc card drive
PocketPC 2002
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline shmurg

• Taperssection Regular
  • TAPES FOREVER....
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2003, 03:24:03 AM »
I am recording with the new PDAUDIO setup.  I had a problem during the encore.  I recorded at 24/48, but the encore ended up ALL static.  Please help a fellow taper...If your at the show Friday (tomorrow) please bring a copy, I'll bring an extra blank DAT for you.  If not, give me an email. shmurg@yahoo.com

Thanks...

I usually set up near the back of the section.  Just ask around for Eric or shmurg.

Eric

Online Craig T

• LMA
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2003, 01:41:17 PM »
I loaded the latest Live2496 version and recorded Lotus on Friday night in 24/96.  So far it seems like it recorded successfully (although the meters didn't seem to be working correctly).  Good news.  I did start a new file manually about every hour and I evenually ran out of space on the 5GB pcmcia hard drive.  I'm planning on runing some controlled tests at home this week and will report back.

iPaq 3835 w/ dual pc card expansion pack
PDAudio-CF w/ pc>CF adaptor
Toshiba 5GB pc card drive
PocketPC 2002

2 of the 5 files are 6 minutes of good recording followed by static.  3 of them are fine (45 min, 45 min, 20 min) - but that's not what I'd call a successful test.  I'll try 24/48 and see what happens...
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14

Offline shmurg

• Taperssection Regular
  • TAPES FOREVER....
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2003, 05:22:36 PM »
I am thinking if I let the file go and not break it up it would of been fine?  I am having the same trouble as you.  I think it will work at 24/48 though.  I got 2 sets fine, then I decided to split the encore thinking that is the best thing to do since the file was getting big.  Just sucks that I didn't let it go...it would have been fine I think?  I am recording again tonight, and I will let it go set->the encore with no breaks.  I will report what happens!

shmurg

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2003, 08:46:13 PM »
Man, I hope this gets figured out. It sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

Online Craig T

• LMA
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2003, 02:15:32 PM »
The problem is the writing of 24/96 to a pcmcia hard drive.  The drive isn't fast enough to keep up with the data stream.  The faster CF cards are reported to work fine, but are $350 for a 1GB card.  The Toshiba 5GB pcmcia drive is only $150.  My setup works fine in 16bit, but that's not why I bought it.  I'm going to try some 24/48 tonight for Galactic.

Offline Tim

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2003, 02:16:45 PM »
thanks for all the hardwork Craig!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline shmurg

• Taperssection Regular
  • TAPES FOREVER....
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2003, 03:12:07 AM »
That is the problem...I have recorded hours on this.  I do however think that it can be corrected with some more driver features.  BTW The static can be fixed with samplitude(you have to drop samples).  I did get all the second set at Phil anf friends at 24/48 and that was 2 hours-all on a 5gb kingston PC card, AWESOME!  I have used the Addonics Exdrive as well, and it does perform quite good.  I am running tests as we speak.

BTW-Where are my props?  :drool:
I've been hard at work too....HE, HE!

shmurg

Offline Tim

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2003, 02:14:41 PM »
didn't mean to leave you out!

while I'm glad you can "fix" the static I would prefer that it record properly in the first place. Sounds like this thing is getting closer but isn't quite there yet...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline chuckcage

• Taperssection Regular
  • Learning fast...
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2003, 03:40:46 PM »
I wish this would all come together...  I'm a software developer (and do mobile development as a specialty), so I have a stupid IPAQ 5455 that sits around here eating up desk space.  I can't sell it 'cause sure as hell I'd have a PPC project right around the corner, but I don't use it as a PDA because it's too large to carry around easily and CE/PPC 200x is a PITA for just looking up phone numbers.

See, I managed to leverage my $2500 laptop into something fun with a Digidesign 002R, but this PDA just stares at me from by my flat panel screaming, "Ha ha, you can't sell me to buy mics, and I'm worthless for fun!"

:(

Chuck
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 03:41:41 PM by chuckcage »
---
Currently:
C1000s/MK012 > PB224 > AD-20 > NJB3

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2003, 09:23:18 PM »
this PDA just stares at me from by my flat panel screaming, "Ha ha, you can't sell me to buy mics, and I'm worthless for fun!"

:yack: +T
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com