Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New mics for new (stealth)setup.  (Read 1819 times)

Offline duckman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
New mics for new (stealth)setup.
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:47:14 PM »
I've been financially unable to upgrade my setup for the last year, but I've finally gotten the money together to get me an Edirol and new mics.

I was eying these, as I mostly tape stealth: (mics inside a headset)
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/ISI-HMA-1

But I've been advised by someone with a lot more experience than me that these just isn't up to the job soundvise...

I was hoping someone could advise me privately on functional stealth setup, as I don't wear glasses - and as hats aren't worn as much here they would make me stand out more than taping a big microphone on the top of my head...

Trying to get a grip on all the possible options, but I've also been advised that cardiods would be the thing to get for my kind of tapings.

I'll be perfectly honest and say that I'm not that good at hearing the difference between different kinds of mics - I tape to preserve the show for my own sake, and share it to whoever wants to listen to it - but it would offcourse be optimal with good mics for the job... I've been taping for years with a Sony ECM T-mic which has given me (for ME) good results, and that is a cardioid - and the crowd noise is the most important thing to filter out, as people over here just won't shut up during shows...

So - in conclusion, mini cardioids seems to be the way to go -all I need now is to find out how to mount them in a ingenious way, hope someone will have some input - my inbox is waiting :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com