Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: need opinions for fixing a dropout  (Read 5075 times)

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
need opinions for fixing a dropout
« on: October 24, 2003, 02:42:58 PM »
transferred and tracked a show and i found a 1.5second dropout on the RIGHT channel of one of the tracks.

what would be the easiest way to correct this.

i was thinking of copying and pasting the left channel (with some gain increase since the right ch recorded a little higher)

or

i was thinking i could replay/record the passage from dat, since it seems in tact (and must have been a transfer glitch) and then copy/paste the missing passage. this seems like the best way, but also the most labor intensive.

it is only 1.5 seconds...

just looking for some guidance/opinions....

thanks
chris k
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline dklein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:need opinions for fixing a dropout
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 03:56:47 PM »
are ya sure it's intact on the DAT?  I've just never seen a dropout on just one channel from the transfer process.  It doesn't really fit with the way s/pdif is encoded and would be very weird.

I've done the left pasted onto the right and it's usually totally fine - that would be my recommendation.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:need opinions for fixing a dropout
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 04:37:44 PM »
If it is still intact on DAT, you can retransfer and include a few seconds around the glitch to help you line it up. To suggest one common program, WaveLab's montage feature is great at this.

-Matt
Out of the game … for now?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com