Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: More transfer issues.........  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
More transfer issues.........
« on: March 13, 2004, 10:48:51 PM »
I have been transfering some one of a kind stuff I have on mini disc so I can start consolidating my colection.  On several MDs I a getting what seems to be brick walling.  The funny thing though is they sound just fine on playback throught the MD deck, both my portable and stand alone.  So my question is do the MD decks have some sort of error correction?  If so is there a way to get my computer to do the same thing?  I am transfering Via my stand alone MD recorder with an optical out> hercules GT-XP soundcard (optical in)>CD Wave editor.  I have tried using the mixer feature for the soundcard to reduce the input level, but I still get the distortion in the same places.  Would something like normalizing in an editing program fix this, if not what can I do?  The only other option I can think of would be to do the tranfer analog since the problem seems to exist only in the digital realm.  Thanks for any help.
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

"If you like the Beach Boys, you'll love Widespread Panic."    -Big Mike

"Music Sounds Better on Grass" -Clear Channel advertising

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com