Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Recommendations For Stereo Equalizer  (Read 3159 times)

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Recommendations For Stereo Equalizer
« on: January 30, 2012, 01:18:32 PM »
I'm looking to buy a stereo equalizer to add to my reciever set-up for better EQ on the fly. My reciever doesn't really have EQ settings only the bass and treble "tone" settings. Two or more inputs would be a plus. I don't have too much disposable income so I would like to keep it below $150 in cost. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:23:20 PM by slightlys »
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Recommendations For Stereo Equalizer
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 01:26:45 PM »
I'm looking to buy a stereo equalizer to add to my reciever set-up for better EQ on the fly. My reciever doesn't really have EQ settings only the bass and treble "tone" settings. Two or more inputs would be a plus. I don't have too much disposable income so I would like to keep it below $150 in cost. Thoughts?
Dont waste your time on an eq get better speakers. Look at your room placement. If you cant get your stereo to sound good with no eq its not a great stereo. With all the processing that goes into recordings now you really dont need eq any more on a stereo if the speakers are in the correct placement for the room and they are of half decent quality or better.

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:20:05 PM »
Dont waste your time on an eq get better speakers. Look at your room placement. If you cant get your stereo to sound good with no eq its not a great stereo. With all the processing that goes into recordings now you really dont need eq any more on a stereo if the speakers are in the correct placement for the room and they are of half decent quality or better.
My stereo sounds really good without eq while I'm listening to vinyl or CDs. I've just noticed that most live audience recordings benefit from some eq.
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline ScoobieKW

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • ScoobieSnax Audio Archive
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 06:00:02 PM »
Graphic EQ is hard to do right. And if you do it right it ain't cheap.

Since I do most of my live music playback through my PC, I use the eq in Foobar2000. Even so, I've found that I've gotten picky about the live recordings I listen to. If they don't sound good without my having to work at it, they don't make the cut.

In the days of Mics > Analog Tape and then sharing tapes, my eq would get a workout as there was no good way to master for most people. Now that we are working in the box, I find it much more rare to find recordings that need EQ.

Busman BSC1, AT853 (O,C),KAM i2 Chuck Mod (C), Nak 300 (C),
M10, UA-5, US-1800, Presonus Firepod

http://kennedy-williams.net/scoobiesnax/

Offline lastubbe

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Copper-dome Bodhi drip a silver kimono
    • Dead-Phish
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 11:35:26 PM »
Graphic EQ is hard to do right. And if you do it right it ain't cheap.

Since I do most of my live music playback through my PC, I use the eq in Foobar2000. Even so, I've found that I've gotten picky about the live recordings I listen to. If they don't sound good without my having to work at it, they don't make the cut.

In the days of Mics > Analog Tape and then sharing tapes, my eq would get a workout as there was no good way to master for most people. Now that we are working in the box, I find it much more rare to find recordings that need EQ.

In the cassette days I loved my EQ for playback!  I agree, not needed today, or if anything the internal EQ's work well.
DPA 4023>Sonosax SX-M2/EAA PSP-2>Sound Devices 722 (24/96)
http://dead-phish.com
http://twitter.com/lastubbe
@lastubbe

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com