Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 1/8 inch mic connector into Samson H4 (XLR or TRS)  (Read 2022 times)

Offline mnr102

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
1/8 inch mic connector into Samson H4 (XLR or TRS)
« on: October 28, 2006, 10:34:28 PM »
I have one of the new Samson H4 handheld recorders.  I'd like to get a pair of stealth stereo mics that will most likely have a 1/8" stereo connector on the end.  The Samson H4 doesn't accept these as inputs.  It has only balanced XLR (with phantom power, 48 & 24V), or unbalanced TRS inputs.  Sound Professionals have 3 types of interfaces to get your signal into a Samson, but they're a bit expensive for what must be inside them.. (~$70).  Are there other, cheaper options I should look at?  I'd like to use the 24V phantom power from the H4 to supply the mics, rather than carry an additional unit.

Thanks.

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
Re: 1/8 inch mic connector into Samson H4 (XLR or TRS)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 08:29:47 AM »
Many of the vendors who participate on this site will do custom modifications to match their mics to your application.  Look in the loaner and retail forums and you'll find a few.  Another option is to contact one of the tapers who build custom cables.  One of them could make an adapter cable for you and there are a few of them who have posts in the yardsale right now.  If you can solder, you can make a cable to convert from female 1/8" to TRS, markertek has connectors and there are a few people on here who are selling wire they have left over from projects.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com