Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lithium Ion laptop batteries  (Read 2092 times)

Offline sparkey

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
Lithium Ion laptop batteries
« on: April 19, 2006, 12:36:13 PM »
Hey Y'All-

I've got a new used laptop and the previous owner didn't really use the battery.  Most of the time it sat in the case and wasn't ever plugged in.

It's a Lithium Ion and won't hold a charge; aren't there things you can do to reset these in some way?  As I said, the battery really was never used....

Thanks!

-Josh
#Generalstrike for president in 2024

Offline IRiver19

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Lithium Ion laptop batteries
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 08:49:19 PM »
How old is the battery?  It may just be dead from age.  Li-ion batteries have a "memory" so you don't need to condition them like other rechargeables.

Offline sparkey

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 09:47:05 AM »
The battery is about two years old.....

How old is the battery?  It may just be dead from age.  Li-ion batteries have a "memory" so you don't need to condition them like other rechargeables.
#Generalstrike for president in 2024

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 05:25:11 PM »
The battery is about two years old.....

whoa, very misleading response you got above.  lithium batteries do NOT have a "memory", hence no need to condition between charges, fully discharge, etc.

secondly, lithium batteries decay from the moment of production until death.  doesn't matter when it takes its first charge.

hope this helps?  i'm sure you've come to understand that battery won't hold a charge, now it's just about helping you understand why!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com