Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: cable needed for connecting digimod UA-5 to JB3 What is best?  (Read 8332 times)

Offline bodegahwy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
cable needed for connecting digimod UA-5 to JB3 What is best?
« on: January 09, 2005, 07:17:16 PM »
What is the best cable for this?  Where do you get it?
Martin Guitars, Moots Bikes, Scott Fly Rods and BD tele skis.  Music in the Mountains.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: cable needed for connecting digimod UA-5 to JB3 What is best?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 07:18:28 PM »
Check the (ahem!) Archival Info forum for a thread dedicated to optical cable/adapter options for just this purpose.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline bodegahwy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 07:23:36 PM »
I did check the FAQ on JB3s.  Would it have been as easy to answer the question as it would be to direct me to search?  Where is this archival forum?
Martin Guitars, Moots Bikes, Scott Fly Rods and BD tele skis.  Music in the Mountains.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 07:27:08 PM »
I did check the FAQ on JB3s. Would it have been as easy to answer the question as it would be to direct me to search? Where is this archival forum?

It's not in the JB3 FAQ because it applies to broader devices than just the JB3, it's a post on optical cables in the Archival Info forum.  The Archival Info forum is the forum with the words "Archival Information" at the top.  ::)  And yes, it's much easier to direct you to find the post yourself, Mr. Lazy.
Roland R-05

Offline bodegahwy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 07:34:22 PM »
I did look for the information before posting.. although, not in the archive, as a newbie, I had not discovered that yet.  I have now been to the archival section and searched on adaptors, UA 5 Jb3 etc...  I guess I could have worded my question more effectivly.  I know that I need an optical cable.  What I need to find out is who others here think makes a good one and where to buy it.  I did not find that information yet.  Lazy...?  not something people who know me would agree with.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 07:38:27 PM by bodegahwy »

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 07:37:53 PM »
Arn't you kind, helpful, generous, all powerful and welcoming to newbies.  I have had nothing but positive helpful interactions up till now.  I guess everyone has a bad day.  I did look for the information before posting.. although, not in the archive, as a newbie, I had not discovered that yet.  I have now been to the archival section and searched on adaptors, UA 5 Jb3 etc...  I guess I could have worded my question moire effectivly.  I know that I need an optical cable.  What I need to find out is who others here think makes a good one and where to buy it.  I did not find that information yet.  Lazy...?  not something people who know me would agree with.

if you knew that you needed an optical cable, how difficult is it to search the internet to find a good quality optical cable?

toslink cables are common items in the stereo world.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline bodegahwy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 07:39:53 PM »
Not hard at all to search,  I was hoping for helpful opinions on whose cables were more reliable, or put up with use better etc.

Oh how nice, somebody took away a ticket.  Get popped for posting in the wrong place?  For not knowing all about the various parts of this site after 40 posts?  I know I am having a bad day.. but

I started out with a request for help like the others I have made and have had much success with (and somehow got 16 tickets in my first 34 posts)  but today.... I get called names... but not a single helpful comment like:  "I use the XYZ cables and have had great luck with them, I bought them at ABC store.....

By the way, I was out of line with the opening of my post that leegeedy quoted.  I was actualy editing it while he posted.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 07:45:26 PM by bodegahwy »

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 07:45:17 PM »
Arn't you kind, helpful, generous, all powerful and welcoming to newbies.

I try.  Newbies are the primary reason I've contributed so many threads to the Archival Info forum.  Thanks for the compliment.  :)  (Though I'm not quite all powerful, only Big Bri, the founder of TS, is all powerful here.)

I have had nothing but positive helpful interactions up till now.

I apologize if you consider my replies a negative experience - not my intent.  I simply tried to direct you to a location where you may find the answer to your question.

I did look for the information before posting.. although, not in the archive, as a newbie, I had not discovered that yet.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!  :)

I have now been to the archival section and searched on adaptors, UA 5 Jb3 etc... I guess I could have worded my question moire effectivly. I know that I need an optical cable. What I need to find out is who others here think makes a good one and where to buy it.

Search for the keywords "optical" and "cable" and you'll find it.  Or if you have trouble with the Search Engine, here's the thread in the Archival Info forum.

I did not find that information yet. Lazy...? not something people who know me would agree with.

I'm sure those who know you would disagree, but the only knowledge I have of you is from your previous posts and this thread.  And in this thread, the only response I got to my, frankly, very helpful initial post - which directed you to the answer for your question - was a snide, ungrateful reply.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 07:51:11 PM by Brian Skalinder »
Roland R-05

Offline bodegahwy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 07:47:45 PM »
Let's start over.  Sorry about all that background.

What I am looking for is opinion about what whose cables are 1. reliable, 2. reasonably tough to put up with travel etc. 3.  Where to buy them.

Offline bodegahwy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 07:51:09 PM »
<<"Search for the keywords "optical" and "cable" and you'll find it.  Or if you have trouble with the Search Engine, here's the thread in the Archival Info forum.">>

Thank you.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 07:51:36 PM »
Not hard at all to search,  I was hoping for helpful opinions on whose cables were more reliable, or put up with use better etc.

And that's exactly the information you'll find in the Archival Info thread.

Oh how nice, somebody took away a ticket. Get popped for posting in the wrong place? For not knowing all about the various parts of this site after 40 posts?

Some people get childish over tickets.  It's just a number on the internet, don't sweat it.

I started out with a request for help like the others I have made and have had much success with (and somehow got 16 tickets in my first 34 posts) but today.... I get called names...

I only broke out the "Mr. Lazy" after your snide, ungrateful reply.

but not a single helpful comment like: "I use the XYZ cables and have had great luck with them, I bought them at ABC store.....

My post was far more helpful than a single helpful comment as you suggst - because my post directs you to a thread in which there *multiple* people have provided input.  So not only did I answer your question for myself, but for a doezen other people, too.  What more would you like?

What's easier:  [1] you reading the thread I mention, which contains optical cable feedback from a broad range of people, or [2] a dozen people posting indidivudally, duplicating information that's already easily available?
Roland R-05

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 07:53:14 PM »
Search for the keywords "optical" and "cable" and you'll find it.  Or if you have trouble with the Search Engine, here's the thread in the Archival Info forum.

Thank you.

You're welcome.  Had I known you weren't clear on how to use the Search engine to find the thread yourself, I would've directed you to the Search Engine Help Thread:)

Roland R-05

Offline bodegahwy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2005, 07:54:34 PM »
Perhaps you overlooked this in one of the posts where we leap frogged each other:

"By the way, I was out of line with the opening of my post that leegeedy quoted.  I was actualy editing it while he posted.  Sorry about that."

I had actually edited my response with in a minute or or so....  again.  Sorry.

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2005, 07:55:39 PM »
i thought i was having a bad day :'(         but, i'm feeling much better now!
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline bodegahwy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2005, 08:01:44 PM »
I had a great time last night at the Tuna show in Boulder... unfortunatly I had to be at work at 8AM to talk to people with more stupid questions about what I do than I could come up with here... then I drove 200 miles through a snow storm to get home.  The good news,  the UA-5 and the C-4s arrived while I out of town for work.  Excited, I opened them up to discover what I suppose I could have known, (but did not) that cables are not included....

So... looked around a bit, did not find the answer and posted on the "newbie friendly"  Ask the Tapers  (I thought that was a pretty open ended forum) 

I'll admit after several hours of mountain driving my synapses are a little off and I am grumpy....  It was so much easier with 421s into a D-5! 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 08:03:20 PM by bodegahwy »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com