Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 users: Metal vs Plastic Tipped Toslink>1/8 mini cables/adapters...  (Read 2227 times)

hexyjones

• Trade Count: (0)
I notice certain models of Toslink cable (with the 1/8 jack) have a brass metal tip...

I have to wonder if it is a good idea to put anything metal into the JB3 when the plasitc tip will surfice...?

Just wondering if the metal tip could cause problems somehow...?

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
Re: JB3 users: Metal vs Plastic Tipped Toslink>1/8 mini cables/adapters...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 05:33:16 PM »
The thinking may be the opposite.  Plastic tips could break easier than metals tips.  I have metal-tipped right angle adapters on my Kimber OPT1 toslink (also metal tip) and have had no problems what so ever.  But, there may be people here that can chime in on their plastic tip experiences. 

hexyjones

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: JB3 users: Metal vs Plastic Tipped Toslink>1/8 mini cables/adapters...
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 06:41:12 PM »
The thinking may be the opposite.  Plastic tips could break easier than metals tips.  I have metal-tipped right angle adapters on my Kimber OPT1 toslink (also metal tip) and have had no problems what so ever.  But, there may be people here that can chime in on their plastic tip experiences. 

Perhaps - but if we're talking about breaking while inserted...you will likely have bigger problems than just a broken jack... :'(

And to extend that - I might prefer the jack break before the socket on my JB3...

I was thinking more along the lines of some sort of problems resulting from the electrical connection...I understand the analog in is not being used...but I was just curious if that inert metal ring might do something odd when the socket is being used in a non-electrical(i.e. optical) way?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com