Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

External Power for SD744T

(1/3) > >>

nak700s:
Somewhere on TS, I saw a diagram of the 4-pin power connector needed to connect to the 744T, but can't find it now.  I ordered and received the plug, but now need to figure out what to do with it.

I guess my actual question is, what are good, reliable alternatives to the normal rechargeable [attachable] batteries.  I was wondering if building a custom cable to connect a typical power bank (the kind we use to recharge our phones and other devices) would be a viable option.

I'm sure there are plenty of options, knowing the minds of tapers and things we've all come up with to assist our obsession, so I thought I'd ask here.

tgakidis:
Pin 1= Negative
Pin 4 = positive

nak700s:
Looking for feedback:

I'm interested in using an external battery with a custom cable that would go to the [hirose] power connector on the SD 744T.  I found a Poweradd Pilot Pro 2 23000mAh power bank that seems good and was wondering if anyone has experience with this scenario.

I would be using the 12V option on the power bank.  It is my understanding that the 744T draws less than 2 amps and with this size power bank, should last significantly longer than a 8 - 9 hour day of recording (or 3 shows?).  I know people have done similar configurations with external batteries, whether with a custom sled to attach the power bank to the battery terminals (using a 9V option) or using the hirose connector to go to the power terminal (12V option).

My question is, who has done this using the hirose connector, what have you used, and how long recording time do you get?

old and in the way:
did you get the hirose connector or the hirose power cable already built.If you need to make a power cable up you will need to have good soldering skills .they are small as hell.i have made up a few for my equipment and its a bitch. no room for error.

nak700s:
I did receive the hirose, but I'm currently waiting for the power bank.  When I get that, the person doing it for me will work his magic.  It's what he does, so I am confident it will be a well built cable.  I ended up buying a 9V - 20V, 32000 mAh power bank, which, according to SD, at 12V should power my regular set-up for at lease 8-9 hours without a problem. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version