Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Should I get a SquareTrade warranty on my mics?  (Read 2016 times)

Offline yltfan

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Should I get a SquareTrade warranty on my mics?
« on: April 10, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »
I purchased a pair of new AT4051s from Nova Musik thru Ebay, and one of the 47 emails about the transaction was an offer from SquareTrade for a warranty. I don't think I need it, but was just curious if anyone else does this. Since the mics are new, the offer is 3 years for $52. I assume this wouldn't cover me dropping the mic off a 25 foot balcony, but is there any good reason to do this?
Mics: AT4051, AT4053, KM140, AKG C414, Beyerdynamic MEM86 guns, Nak cm300, AT853 4.7mod
Pre: V3, CA-9100
Recorders: Busman DR-680, iRivers, minidisc, jb3, and DAT

Dime torrents: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=88009

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
Re: Should I get a SquareTrade warranty on my mics?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 09:28:35 PM »
I wouldn't - but that's me.

If the item is sold AS-IS - Square trade will not honor the warranty and refund the money for the cost of the warranty.

I bought a waranty on a DAT deck (listed AS-IS) and (they still offered the warranty) this is what SquareTrade did to me.
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 10:25:56 AM »
Just to note if the items new I am sure they would warranty it, but you would need to deal with Square Trade for any fixes.

Electronics without moving parts will typically last beyond the terms of a squaretrade waranty with out isse (if used and handled properly) - If it is defective it will typically fail in the first 4-6 months I would think and be covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

I do not think it is worth it on a set of mics.   With older more fragile electronics such as the infamous DAT deck it was required due to the number of cleanings and parts that can fail or where out.

Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline Red Boink

• Trade Count: (27)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 01:53:09 AM »
nno

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com