Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-10 miniature recorder for lavaliere microphones  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Tascam DR-10 miniature recorder for lavaliere microphones
« on: February 04, 2015, 04:15:15 PM »
Came across this yesterday..

http://www.tascam.eu/en/dr-10c.html

Super small, super basic, presumably super reliable.  Runs on a single AAA battery, recording 24/48 mono PCM files. Start recording from power-off with a single slide of the power switch in about a second or two.  Interchangeable top panels allow conversion of input and signal pass-through jacks from 1/8" TRS mini-jack, to mini-XLR, or other lav connector types.

Too bad they don't make this in a 2 channel model.  It would make an excellent >:D recorder.  I'd like one that records 4, or 5 channels.. preferably with 5V mic power instead of 2V, however I can live without that.  Comes quite close to the specialty recorder I've been designing in my mind for years, which is all about simple function in a small, reliable package.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:18:32 PM by Gutbucket »
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: Tascam DR-10 miniature recorder for lavaliere microphones
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »
I seem to recall that the US Website for Tascam says they are not available for those of us in the US.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline Ultfris101

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Spoon!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 05:38:17 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this a while back - if only it had two channels! It was mentioned on jwsoundgroup.net which is focused on audio for video.

I hadn't realized that a lot of the higher end wireless systems have recording capability built into the transmitters as a backup in case of drop outs. Makes a lot of sense. This DR-10 would let you add that functionality to the more basic Sennheiser systems at the expense of a second device and another cable or two.

Mics: Schoeps MK5,MK41 CMC6,KCY,KC5 | AKG ck63,ck1 C460B,C480B | DPA 4061 | Naiant X-R card,hyper | CA-14o,c
Pres: Sound Devices USBPre2 | Naiant Tinybox | Church Audio 9200, UBB
Recs: Zoom F8 | Edirol R-44 | Sony PCM-M10 | Tascam DR-2d
Video: Sony CX550(2), CX580, HX9

LMA: http://archive.org/bookmarks/ultfris101

Offline Ultfris101

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Spoon!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 05:39:46 PM »
I seem to recall that the US Website for Tascam says they are not available for those of us in the US.

There's also that!
Mics: Schoeps MK5,MK41 CMC6,KCY,KC5 | AKG ck63,ck1 C460B,C480B | DPA 4061 | Naiant X-R card,hyper | CA-14o,c
Pres: Sound Devices USBPre2 | Naiant Tinybox | Church Audio 9200, UBB
Recs: Zoom F8 | Edirol R-44 | Sony PCM-M10 | Tascam DR-2d
Video: Sony CX550(2), CX580, HX9

LMA: http://archive.org/bookmarks/ultfris101

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 06:13:04 PM »

The Tascam web-page I found this on last night stated such in red letters.  Oddly however, the web-page for the otherwise identical unit except for having a single XLR input and no pass-through (designed to be plugged directly into a dynamic mic) did not.  The page I linked above earlier today doesn't mention any USA restriction, but I just noticed from the URL that it points to their European division's web-site.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline texasmfp

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 05:26:40 PM »
There is a patent dispute with Zaxcom over the design for recording and passing through.  Zaxcom is a US company.  Available in Canada and elsewhere.  Since there is no pass-thru on the Tascam DR 10x, its legal in the US.

Offline TSNéa

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Regular

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com