Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Canare question  (Read 2235 times)

Offline bluewingolive

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Sample & Hold
Canare question
« on: April 06, 2006, 03:22:22 PM »
I just ordered a set of Canare's from B&H.  15ft. XLR Star Quad.  What I got in the box from them was something called Comprehensives.  Comprehensive Video Group?  Did a quick search and they appear to be a retailer of audio gear.  Are these re-branded?  Nothing on the package refers to Canare.  I'm planning on getting a decent set in the future....so should I just keep these for now?  Lemme know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Offline fozzy

• Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: Canare question
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 03:32:52 PM »
Canare makes bulk cable and connectors.  They are not in the business of making cables.  Mostlikely a third party using canare bulk cable and neutrik connectors
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline 0vu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 05:21:34 AM »
Does the cable itself have anything written on it? "Canare" for example  ;)

In the UK at least, Canare used to supply premade XLR, jack and BNC cables, as well as pre-cut lengths of cable and separate connectors, in branded packaging. I haven't seen any for several years - since Canare's distribution changed. All their later pre-made cables over here were fitted with Neutrik NC3_XB XLRs, with earlier examples using Canon/ITT XLRs.

It's some time since I last shopped for cables in the US but CVG (Comprehensive Inc.) used to be a big distributor/retailer of all kinds of audio/computer/AV/etc. stuff. They used to sell Canare cables - both bulk and pre-made - maybe that's what you've got.

(I just had a look online and found this )

Offline bluewingolive

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Sample & Hold
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 12:48:16 PM »
Well I opened them up last night and guess what was writtin on them......ya, Canare & Neutrik.  Issue solved.  Thanks for your input folks. 
BTW this board is a supurb place to get info.  I've learned a ton just reading the posts.  Thanks for all the info and advice.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com